logolong

Growing up with Epilepsy

More
13 years 3 months ago #33022 by Pinky2
Replied by Pinky2 on topic Re:Growing up with Epilepsy
The story with me is I was born with CP meaning Cerebral Palsy. Mine is mild so I'm able to do most things for myself. At age 15 I was swimming in the pool where we lived & the wall of the pool was on my left side. From what people tell me that I hit the wall with my head just above my ear. That was my first seizure. I really never had the bad ones. So now with 2 disabilities it was hard for a teenager then. As time went on I noticed I had a problem with my hearing on the left side. So I got a hearing test & found out from when I hit my head I damaged either my inner or my middle ear. I lost about 75% to 80% hearing. I now wear a hearing aid.
It's not that hard if you just take care of yourself first!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #36974 by joanna
Replied by joanna on topic Re: Growing up with Epilepsy
I WAS GIVEN EPILEPSY WHEN I WAS 19 THROUGH AN OPERATION THAT WAS GIVEN A 5% CHANCE OF GIVING OUT EPILEPSY AS AN AFTER EFFECT. THIS WAS IN THE YEAR 1991, IT IS NOW THE YEAR 2011. I WAS HAVING UP TO 200 FITS A WEEK, THAT WAS WHEN I WAS ON ALL MY TABLETS. ONE TIME WHEN I CAME OUT OF HOSPITAL I SAID TO MYSELF, RIGHT THAT IS IT I AM NOT TAKING ANYMORE OF MY TABLETS AND DO YOU KNOW WHAT? I WENT FROM HAVING 200 FITS IN A WEEK TO 6 IN A YEAR, AND NOW THE LAST FIR I HAVE HAD IS OCTOBER 2010. NOW I DON'T SUGGEST THAT YOU ALL STOP TAKING ALL YOU TABLETS LIKE I DID BUT IT MAKES YOU THINK WHAT ARE THE DOCTORS GIVING YOU, DOESN'T IT?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: malh007
Time to create page: 0.337 seconds