logolong

Don't do as I did, do as I say....

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #21202 by Posh
Don't do as I did, do as I say....

If a visit to an Oncologist gives you the news that your life, such as it is, is going to be cut shorter than you had intended, and you will not be able to enjoy the retirement you worked so hard for.........don't do as I did.

Don't fight it.
Don't spend every last penny of your hard-worked-for pound, chasing after the cure, you, and your oncogolist knows just isn't there. Accept your fate, put it down to your unhealthy lifestyle if you want, but just accept........ fate.

Don't fight it.
Those who you thought were your friends, won't thank you for fighting it, even though they will all say \"she fought it well\". How do you fight, something which is eating you from the inside out, well?

Don't spend every waking minute, thinking \"is it time for the morphine yet?\" or take what little relief you can, because it will only get you in the end, and there's not a damned thing you can do about it anyway, so don't fight it.

And for goodness sake, try not to have \"fun times\", don't walk around with a laugh or a smile on your face trying to be \"normal\", because you're gonna die anyway, don't try and make every day special for the people around you, those you thought were friends, because they will, in time forget you were even alive.

So don't fight it. Die nicely, so every one of those friends you though you had, can say nice things about you after you've gone. But for God's sake...

Don't say to yourself over and over, trying to convince yourself that \"I can beat this\", no one will thank you for it,
and anyway, who'd care?

Just get out and enjoy Life. You won't know what you've missed when you haven't got it anymore.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #21310 by JustMee
A true friend would never forget :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.332 seconds