logolong

Yahoo to put adverts in PDF files:

More
16 years 5 months ago #1898 by Scott_1984
This is just nuts, people hate pop ups & online ads :(

Yahoo to put adverts in PDF files: news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7118363.stm

Yahoo has reached a deal to start running advertisements in Adobe's popular PDF document-reading format.

The service will allow publishers to make money by including adverts linked to the content of a PDF document in a panel at the side of the page.

It is Yahoo's latest way of expanding the places it can advertise online following deals with the auction site Ebay and the cable TV group Comcast.

The advertisements will not appear if the PDF document is printed.

It is the first time that Adobe has allowed dynamic adverts into its PDF (Portable Document Format) files.

Dynamic adverts can be changed for particular audiences or rotated to make sure that a particular user never sees the same advertisement twice.

PDF files can be created by a range of software and can then be read by people who have a PDF reader, such as Adobe's Reader.

The PDF format has proved popular with both companies and home users, and has been used to produce large reports and shorter newsletters, as well as preparing documents for printers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 5 months ago #1901 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Re:adverts
You may hate online ads but without them the websites wouldn't be free. Such as this one!<br><br>Post edited by: Karl, at: 2007/11/29 22:35

More
16 years 5 months ago #1902 by Scott_1984
True, but your Ad's aren't pop up Ad's or in your face Ad's, LOL :)

More
16 years 5 months ago #1905 by suzan
:angry: I HATE FLASHING ADS:angry:

I find them really distracting and would love to have the option to turn them off.

B) they may be flashing.....but they certainly dont turn me on!!!!!............:P

xx suzan xx...............B) :)

More
16 years 5 months ago #1908 by Scott_1984
LOL :)

I must say, I'd be very concerned Suzan, if any online Ad did turn you or anyone else on, LOL :) :)

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.383 seconds