logolong

your status

More
11 years 6 months ago #45733 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Re: your status
It is a great service, but it is being stretched to a point of to many people to too little doctors! I am grateful we have it but I do worry about how many cuts they keep threatening to do. Like closing our A&E dept!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #45779 by Jana
Replied by Jana on topic Re: your status
Our emergency services are also stretched to the limits. Most people rely on them for primary medical care, as they do not have (cannot afford) health insurance. We're barely able to. And when my next birthday comes up, so does my health insurance cost. Hospitals, by law, cannot turn people away. But clinics, all of which are privately owned, can, if a person cannot pay. They can even turn you away if you are on Medicaid, which is govt. health program for the poor. The govt. doesn't reimburse doctors at the same rate that private insurance companies do, so they just refuse it altogether. It's really a mess.

As for MY personal status, I had a really bad sudden headache on Friday. The worst of it lasted for less than an hour, but today was the first day the pain was completely gone. Not sure what was going on there, but it didn't feel like a normal headache. Could be stress. I had one like this about 7 years ago and ultimately it was deemed to be stress induced. It was right on the top of my head and was throbbing. Kind of frightening, so I think I will be calling in tomorrow to see what they want to do with me. Oh good, more doctor bills.

More
11 years 6 months ago #45781 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Re: your status
Don't talk to me about headaches! :( I had a Migraine that started on Wednesday afternoon and didn't properly clear till Sunday morning! :( I hate Migraines! Luckly only get them once every few months. That's what you might of had Jana, they do knock you sideways! :pinch:

More
11 years 5 months ago #46015 by Jana
Well, the headache was a tension headache so I'm supposed to reduce the stress in my life. HAHAHAHAHA!

More
11 years 5 months ago #46023 by Jana
Well, it's that time of year when I seem to get my days and nights mixed up. I've never been able to figure it out and nothing really seams to help, so I am up at all hours reading or watching a movie. I think it could be the fibromyalgia or depression.

I'm going to have 4 glorious days to myself starting tomorrow, as my husband will drive across the state to go deer hunting with my brother and nephews. He'll be sitting out in the freezing cold at sunrise and I'll be all snuggled up drinking hot cocoa and reading.

More
11 years 5 months ago #46043 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Re: your status
The NHS are asking my advice on how to fix my new wheelchair as I keep snapping the joystick off.
Basically, they don't know what to do!

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.417 seconds