logolong

your status

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #49874 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Re: your status
Sorry to hear you suffering Jana, it's always seems to be the way that one med seems to trigger off more problems! I hope you find a way to help with the pain. I have heard stroking an animal does help with taking mind off pain. I can defiantly recommend it as having 2 big (no longer little) fur balls to stroke and look after keeps my mind busy!!
Congrats to your daughter on her passing her bachelor's degree,you must be a glowing mommy!!
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by BUBBADOG14. Reason: incorrect wording

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #50014 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Re: your status
Im back from my holiday at cleethorpes, we had thunder storms, rain every day, no key when we got there for the caravan. No gas! No water at one point! Now I am suing god lol

More
10 years 7 months ago #50045 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Re: your status
Sorry you had such god awful weather while you where away! Welcome back! Now it's my turn to have a holiday!! B)

More
10 years 5 months ago #51016 by Jana
Replied by Jana on topic your status
Well, I had an eye exam on Thursday and found out that the cataract that was just starting 10 years ago is ready to come out. I knew something was terribly wrong. My depth perception was off and I had trouble reading anything even with my glasses and bright light. Late in the winter, after the new health care program starts, I will have my lens replaced. YAY!

More
10 years 5 months ago #51027 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic your status
Oh Jana, sorry you have Cataracts, they are very nasty, It's good you will be able to get it sorted in the not to distant future. I know we are lucky having our NHS which means on average we only have to wait around 4-6 weeks to have whatever surgery someone needs and it's free. So you have your new health care insurance sorted but you can't use the new one till the previous one runs out? I'm sorry I don't understand how your insurance works?

More
10 years 4 months ago #51163 by Jana
Replied by Jana on topic your status
Amanda, I don't think anyone understands how our insurance works, including us. ha-ha. But I'll have a go at explaining it:

The new law, The Affordable Health Care Act,(Obamacare) starts January 1. At that point all Americans are required to either purchase health insurance privately or use an employer provided plan, paying a bit out of their paychecks to cover it.

Right now, you either get health insurance through your employer, pay for it privately (very expensive), or go without, which is what millions of people are doing now. My husband and I pay into a state run (meaning, the state of Wisconsin) high-risk program (very, VERY expensive). You see, insurance companies can refuse to insure you for ANY pre-existing conditions, at this point. When the law changes insurance companies can no longer turn you down. And the amount you pay is in accordance with your income.

As self-emplyed people, we benefit the most. We will be paying about one third of what we were paying for insurance and have better coverage on everything, including medications. All preventative care will be free, all women's health care will be free. Vaccinations, free. YAY!!!

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.437 seconds