logolong

ART AND PHOTOGRAPHY

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #40653 by tessa
Replied by tessa on topic Re: ART AND PHOTOGRAPHY

worcester man wrote: Amazing designs Tesaa I wish I could draw. Is it something you have been into for some time, what do youo use to create such drawings? Paint, pastel, ink, crayons? I use the computer a lot and have recently descovered photography as my new hobby. It is taking a while to get to grips with, but I am persevering.

Regards

WM[/quote

thank you for your comment WM!

the drawings are done with china ink on paper - it comes in black, red, yellow and green. I use mostly black on white or off white paper.
some are done with acrylics on canvas.
there's never a pencil trace underneath, so if i make a mistake...well, I try not to make any. anyway there cant be a mistake in a drawing that's totally abstract, so..........
may I ask u how you actually can 'see' my artwork if you're blind?
I know a couple of blind people from this site and outside the site too.
u may want to connect with them.
Tony Giles and his GF came to my apt 2 weeks ago on their way to Verona and Como.
maybe u know him too?
bye for now!
tessa

Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by tessa.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #44187 by Jana
Replied by Jana on topic Re: ART AND PHOTOGRAPHY
Tessa,

I absolutely love your work. The acrylics are fantastic, so textural! And inspiring as well...makes me want to go create something!

Jana

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #46892 by tessa
Sorry Jana, my answer comes in very late. Actually I didnt even know where my drawings were.... I read your comment on Chit Chat I think, and decided to search for my "artwork", with positive results.
As the title gives out, a guy from VA I met on AH should also have posted some of the many fantastic photos he takes, but in the end changed his mind and decided not to......
So here I am, posting alone.
To your question now: I have never had art in college. Therefore, my artwork is the result of a sort of...inspiration. Since my stroke (2008) among other things I became left-handed. I was devastated by the thought of never again being able to paint or draw, till one day I though I might give it a try with my left hand.....and it worked! Of course one can notice the differences between what has been created before and after 2008, but as you very well know mine, yours, any artist's work is a work in progress; nothing can always stay the same, everything evolves and one can never predict in which direction things are going to go. For the last 6 months I haven't touched a sheet of paper, was somehow blocked, scared of the emptiness? facing me. This coming Monday I'll start going to a nearby studio, (the one I've been going to was definitely too far away from home). There I'll find other so called "artists" like me; each one of us does his/her own work, with different means: oil, watercolors, acrylics, ink, charcoal, pencil...As soon as I have something new I'll post it. Take care, Tessa
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by tessa.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #46902 by tessa
this one's supposed to be the very last of the lot...see if I manage to upload it....Yeah I managed! title: Thoughts. 2012

Attachment DSC_0251.jpg not found

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by tessa. Reason: dating

More
10 years 11 months ago #47635 by bjjazzy
Replied by bjjazzy on topic Re: ART AND PHOTOGRAPHY
you are a good artist like myself, we have something in common

More
10 years 11 months ago #47636 by bohonk
Replied by bohonk on topic Re: ART AND PHOTOGRAPHY
Its beautiful Tessa! GREAT WORK

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.460 seconds