logolong

Are Disabled Cruises Really OK

More
13 years 1 month ago #34195 by niteowl
Anyone out there been on a European cruise recently? My children have been asking me to try a cruise this year instead of going to Majorca or somewhere similar. They think it will be much easier for me to get around as I can hire a scooter for on board and also have practically everything on tap. I had lots of brochures sent to me but am still undecided whether to try one or not.
Does anyone know is there actually a difference between a \"cruise\" and a \"disabled\" cruise? Would appreciate any knowledge, thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 1 month ago #34205 by
Replied by on topic Re:Are Disabled Cruises Really OK
Hi....Ive done 5 cruises in Europe , Near Asia ect and Ive never found the facilities to be less than fantastic.As long as you discuss your requirements with the Cruise Line direct ( not with a third part agent who has no interest once they have their commission)and leave them to make all the arrangements. They know their facilities and what is possible....after all thats what your paying for.
My first Cruise was an intentional 7 days in June in The Baltic...sea was like a mill pond and the ship was just the right size ( adults only)...food was 5star and couldnt fault in any way....Flew into Copenhagen and boarded ship...went on to Talin, St. Petersburg ( fantastic historic place)Helsinki and Stockholm.....The ship sails overnight so you wake in a different location ...excursions are well organised and plentiful...although I tended to make my own way..
Good entertainment in the evenings and enough to do on board...would not hesitate to recommend ...Costs tend to equate to £100 per day but that covers virtually everything,apart from excursion costs etc.....Sorry if I sound like an industry spokesman...I just think they are a great way of seeing places in luxury and always people to chat with.....Have fun xxxx ;)

More
13 years 1 month ago #34209 by niteowl
Thanks for that info, will definately think more about a cruise but it wouldn't be until October or November if I actually decide to go on one.
niteowl

More
13 years 1 month ago #34211 by BUBBADOG14
Hi Niteowl,My husband & I have done 7 cruises now!:ohmy:(I go into shock at remembering how many!!:laugh: )And ever since my disability got worse we have come to realise how good cruising is if you are disabled. We go on cruises not disabled cruises. The last two we have gone on where with P&O cruises. And they where both totally different, the second one was a fly cruise. Now I can honestly say I always said 'don't even think about going on a plane!way to much hassle' I am happy to say I was totally wrong!:)There is a special team of who are at the airport who after ringing bell out side pushed me as hubby dragged suitcases and fast tracked us right through to departure lounge!!:ohmy:And got us on the plane 1st! And as for the cruise! the staff on the cruise couldn't do enough for us, they where helpful and kind.So I totally reccomend cruising I give it 5*. If you need any questions answering just send me a message and I will see if I can helpful. Bubbadog

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.350 seconds