logolong

World tour on wheelchair (Mohoram's Wheels)!

More
12 years 4 months ago - 10 years 1 week ago #41106 by TheMohoram
I am a 27 years and 6 months old wheelchair user young with disability from Bangladesh. Bangladesh is a country located in South-East Asia, where about 160+ million people living in 147,570 km² area and 10% of the total population are disabled.

I am the first Asian wheelchair user young who finished a travel named Mohoram's Wheels, from Bangladesh capital Dhaka to USA capital Washington DC over land and water only. With my own wheelchair and all by myself I have travelled 25,728 KMS, 16 countries – Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Kazakhstan, Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Germany, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, Italy, Czech Republic, Belgium, UK and USA (More details and photos are available at www.facebook.com/groups/MohoramsWheels ). Journey was started 25th June 2011 and finished 28th February 2012. For more details and videos, contact me over e-Mail at: MohoramsWheels@gmail.com or over Skype at: mohoram or inbox me over Facebook at: www.facebook.com/mohoram

Currently I am planning to travel South American countries in this year, 2014.

I grow up in a very rural area in Natore district, a northern district of the country. In 2002 I have been to Dhaka, capital of the country for 3 months based vocation training on computer in a center for the rehabilitation and vocational training for the disabled people ( www.crp-bangladesh.org ). After completion the training I have been working for the same center from July 2002 to December 2013. During my job with this center, I have established a DPO (disabled people organization) in December 2010 in Natore district for promoting the rights of and vocational training for persons with disability in northern districts of the country. Now I will give full time and full of energy with my organization United Actions ( www.facebook.com/unitedactionsbd ). This organization is very new and I have to give a lot of labor to stand. This organization will work for positive change the life of persons with disability and for vocational training.
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by TheMohoram.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.397 seconds