logolong

Gran Canaria- Lopesan Costa Meloneras

More
11 years 7 months ago #45549 by BUBBADOG14
As you pull up to the Lopesan Costa Meloneras you are blown away by the grandure with it's dancing fountains at the bottom of it's long enterance. The reception staff speak good english and the staff take your luggage and go ahead to deliver it to your room. They give you a map of the hotel showing where it's 9 pools are and where to find your room. I'll say the size of this hotel is mad! It's more like the size of 4 hotels! And we took 20mins finding our room, it would have been better if the member of staff taking your suitcases showed you to your room.

The room was lovely, very spaceious loads of room to get round in a wheelchair and the bathroom gave you a choice of bath or shower cubicle which was handy. The bed was the size of two doubles together. We had a ground floor room which opened up to a small seating area and spread out to one of the nine pools, a lovely site 1st thing in the morning.

The restaurant was buffet with a varied choice for every fussy eater like me! We where on half board. There where 2 al'a'carte restaurants that you had to pay to eat in but they where up many steps and we couldn't find a lift to get to them. The entertainment was very poor, most people ventured outside or had an early night.
There where a few bars and shops out the front of the hotel and along the seafront promenade. The promenade is made up of half cobble stones and half tarmac. And had many a pothole which made it a bumpy ride out!

Getting around the hotel grounds was'nt too bad they had wheelchair ramps made along side steps the ramps where pretty small and could have been wider. They had a few disabled toilets around the reception area that where situated right next to the enterance of the male or female toilets. It was hard to make the turn into the toilet door. It was very annoying!
Finding somewhere to sun bathe was extremely easy as the hotel grounds where huge!There where nine pools, but they only had one hoist so if you needed to use it you could only sun bathe there. The pool by our room had long and not many steps so my OH could help me in and hold me so I could chill in the pool it was lovely!

Over all the hotel was lovely and we would go back because it was the 1st holiday we had totally relaxed at in years! We would reccommend it to friends and family, just had a few bug bears they could do with changing!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #45554 by Jana
Amanda, I looked up the place you stayed online and it looked wonderful. That is the kind of place I need to be in the dead of winter! Any place where you can have someone else make your bed, and the food is already cooked, and you can see water and palm trees sounds great to me. Glad you had a good time!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.347 seconds