logolong

Dream Grand Castillo Resort, Lanzorote

More
10 years 6 months ago #50293 by BUBBADOG14
The Hotel is beautiful,from the entrance with it's large pillars. There is wheelchair access either side of the steps into the entrance and reception. The reception is roomy and has marble tiles. The back of the reception isn't great as the tiles are separated with big gaps so it's not great for wheelchairs, very uncomfortable to go over. But there are ramps down to the pool area's. Dodging the sun beds was a funny sport! The main restaurant wasn't spread out great and the entrance was 2 steps, there is a large ramp as well but you had to dodge tables and chairs, our table started out well as it was on an end of a row. But half way through the holiday we where moved to a middle table that was was tight to get into. The Italian & Chinese restaurants where a lot roomier.
The pools where very accessible with ramps as well as large steps. Our room was a Junior suite, it was wide enough for my wheelchair to get in and had a separate lounge, bedroom, whirlpool bath & walk in shower and a separate toilet and double sinks. And what got me so excited it had a walk in wardrobe! We had a lovely veranda with 2 sunbeds and a table and chairs with an amazing sea view and view of Fuertaventura. The suite was very accessible for me and my wheelchair.
Getting round Lanzarote and the Rubicon Marina wasn't easy there wasn't a lot of dropped curbs or ramps. It is a lovely Island but it needs to get more accessible for disabled people. Would I recommend the Dream Grand Castillo Resort? Yes but just be ready for a few bumps and dodging sun beds!! B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.332 seconds