logolong

Has anyone else encountered difficulties finding vacant disabled/Blue Badge parking spaces?

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #64876 by Amanda2
Thanks for your thoughts. I mailed via Facebook as it would have meant sending lots of tweets to get my point across on Twitter. Their 140 character limit can be a nuisance at times. No I haven't got a postal address for this company and if I don't hear from them I may as you say decide on a letter. As I said, whatever progress I do/don't make on this I will update here. Thanks again for your suggestions. Amanda
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Amanda2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #64886 by BUBBADOG14
Your very welcome! :) If I can help you in anyway just let me know via P.M ;)

Amanda2 wrote: Thanks for your thoughts, I mailed via Facebook as it would have meant sending lots of tweets to get my point across on Twitter. Their 140 character limit can be a nuisance at times. No I haven't got a postal address for this company and if I don't hear from them I may, as you say, decide on a letter. As I said, whatever progress I do/don't make on this: I will update here. Thanks again for your suggestions. Amanda

More
6 years 10 months ago #64896 by Amanda2

• Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 10 months ago #64916 by
I understand your dilemma, I have found that big company's have to pay for disabled spaces in public car parks and they are reluctant to spend more as I expect they are charged a good bit, they told me that when spaces are full to walk the extra distance from a none disabled space, that is the answer I get from a good few companies

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #64923 by Amanda2
I was really interested to read your mail, I've been unable to understand why M&S have been so disinterested/hostile to my suggestions to change a few able bodied spaces to disabled ... however if they too are paying extra for disabled spaces this would answer the mystery!

I think asking you to walk further from an able bodied space is deplorable.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Amanda2.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 10 months ago #64924 by
I FOUND THIS DOING A SEARCH

The BSI British Standards, "Code of Practice for the design of buildings and their approaches to meet the needs of disabled people", recommends that commercial premises with designated off-street parking have one space for every employee who is a disabled motorist, plus 5% of the total capacity for visiting motorists and a further 4% should be enlarged standard spaces.

This is a code of practice not sure if it means a legal requirement

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.424 seconds