logolong

Has anyone else encountered difficulties finding vacant disabled/Blue Badge parking spaces?

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #64925 by Amanda2
Thanks a lot for that information. I'm going to print that off so I have it to hand the next time I pursue M&S over this. I too was unsure whether a code of practice is equivalent to a legal requirement so I Googled it and found the following: 'Approved codes of practice supplement and support regulations. Although it is not a statutory requirement to follow them, they may be used in criminal proceedings as evidence that a statutory requirement has been contravened. However, a failure by a duty holder to observe a provision of an Approved Code of Practice does not render the duty holder automatically liable in criminal or civil proceedings'. So I think it's pretty clear that anyone like M&S would want to avoid being seen to contravene a code of practice, however I have found that my positive assumptions about M&S in this matter have not been matched by their attitude!. I must say that all their disabled spaces are enlarged spaces and of course in general you don't see many disabled spaces that aren't wide enough for a wheelchair to be loaded on/off your car. It's interesting that 9% is the figure which should be given over to visitors for disabled parking. I have noticed that M&S does seem to provide less disabled parking than the main supermarkets though of course I'm not sure whether M&S are providing less than 9%. Anyway all this has given me a lot of food for thought and I shall certainly give it all some thought, thanks again.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Amanda2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #64930 by BUBBADOG14
Let us know how you get on as this may help others in the same position as you in the future. This has become a very interesting post!! :ohmy:

More
6 years 11 months ago #64941 by Amanda2
Thanks for your post. I will certainly keep you up to date on this.

More
6 years 10 months ago #65237 by Amanda2
As I may have posted previously: the Council were helping me contact the parking co. and the Council always replied the same day that I contacted them however although it is now more than 3 weeks since I last contacted the Council I have still not heard from either the Council or the parking co. The Council always took a keen interest in this matter so I'm convinced that the reason that I haven't heard further from them is that they too are still unable to obtain a response from the parking co. I'm still thinking this whole matter over but I seriously doubt I will get much further with it and so may reluctantly have to accept that I won't be able to take my complaint any further.

More
6 years 10 months ago #65366 by frankchien

More
6 years 9 months ago #65446 by RogerNZ
I am in New Zealand I should not take my cane to get my mobility parking space which i have permit for

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.410 seconds