logolong

Possible new thread somewhere?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 8 months ago #26428 by
I don't know if I am stepping [OK, wheeling] out of line here, but having very recently posted a moan, albeit a legitimate moan, IMHO, I wonder if it would be an idea to have a thread where people could just have a little moan or ask for a cyber hug?

As an example, I received very late news yesterday that my beloved Auntie had died on 3 July. None of my family acknowledge my existence, and I have no idea why, but for my older sister not to bother to pick up the phone, or send and email, but give me the news by snail mail?

In addition, I had a very bad fall late yesterday afternoon/early evening, when my little scooter did a whoopsie half way down my ramp, falling off the ramp and ending up trapped under the scooter with my large wheelie bin on top of me.

I was lucky in that the guy who runs the little shop diagonally across the road was standing outside, saw what happened, and rushed across to lift bin off me, scooter off me, and help me back onto scooter.

Ach, so I'm scraped, bruised, hurt all over, plus two large eggs on my left temple and one behind it, and according to the doctor I called out via my private emergency service I had and still have, slight concussion.

But I'm OK. And it could have been worse.

My thoughts at the moment are that maybe a thread could be put somewhere where those of us who maybe need a little moan - a cyber hug or three, might be a good idea?

After all, those of us with some form of disability cannot always pretend that life is good, life is wonderful, and we never sit in a corner and cry because life isn't so wonderful and we really hurt.

Just ideas from my brain through my fingers to the keyboard, and I would be interested what other people think.

Gandra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #26436 by Able_Here_Team
Yes its a good idea.

You can create it! :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 8 months ago #26437 by
Replied by on topic Re:Possible new thread somewhere?
Able_Here_Team wrote:

Yes its a good idea.

You can create it! :)

OK, but where should I put it? And would \"Moans and Groans\" be an understandable and acceptable thread title?

More
14 years 8 months ago #26438 by Able_Here_Team
Good name, put it under chit chat

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 8 months ago #26439 by
Replied by on topic Re:Possible new thread somewhere?
Or maybe \"A place to let off steam\"?

I just don't know where it would fit, as ChitChat doesn't seem right somehow - or maybe it does?

See I know I only very recently joined this site, and I very quickly noticed that only a few people actually post - no idea why - but I think it would be such a shame if the site was just reduced to the few ongoing threads that are currently being used.

There must be some way that might encourage more people to post - or must there? I don't know.

I just think that maybe people read some threads, can't find anything of interest, and just go.

I look at all the different sections on this site, and then look at the dates when someone last posted on various threads, and most seem to be yonks ago - and it just seems somehow such a shame.

Sorry if I'm trying to stick my nose in where it isn't wanted, but I really do want to help and would love to see this site come into life.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.417 seconds