logolong

OPERATIONS

More
16 years 3 days ago #2321 by NaomiB
OPERATIONS was created by NaomiB
Hi

Im going to have my knee replaced in the next few months but that will be after I get my ankle fixed, the right one is very sore. Ive been waiting to be seen by the doctor for months now. Has anyone else waiting on getting any surgerys in the next while ? Id like to talk about peoples differnt experinces in hopstial and what they genrally think of the way they were treated while in.

Naomi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 2 days ago #2350 by Scott_1984
Replied by Scott_1984 on topic Re:OPERATIONS
Hiya Naomi :)

Good Luck with your your knee replacement & ankle operation :)

I'm having my 3rd wrist operation since: 13-10-2002 on my left hand/wrist,

I was due to have a limited &/Or full wrist fusion wrist operation in 2005, but one appointment for my operation was cancelled & transfered to later in 2005 & the second one was cancelled to complactions with my left hand/wrist with RSD/CRPS & skin infections, so sought a second opinion/view in October 2005 & it as agreed a limited wrist fusion was correct thing to do.

But due to the complactions with my left hand/wrist with RSD/CRPS & skin infections, & my surgeon not being around the wrist operation kept being moved to & from one NHS hospital to another NHS hospital.

I am now due to try a less invasive wrist operation on my left hand/wrist on: 15-05-2008, due to the effects of the RSD/CRPS which was triggered by the MCI/PMCI,

this wrist operation is known as: Arthroscopic thermal capsulorrhaphy for palmar midcarpal instability/Thermal Capsulorrhaphy for Midcarpal Instability,

& it's only been carried out in the Uk on around 20 - 40 patients since 2004 - 2007,

& my NHS Hospital & Consultant Orthopaedic & Trauma Upper-Limb & Hand Surgeon have never carried this out before & no one really knows the long term results & outcome of the studies.

Good Luck with your your knee replacement & ankle operation :)

Julie's having the same wrist operation known as: Arthroscopic thermal capsulorrhaphy for palmar midcarpal instability/Thermal Capsulorrhaphy for Midcarpal Instability,

tomorrow, as fair as I can remember :)

Take Care & Take It Easy :)

Scott :)

More
16 years 1 day ago #2351 by NaomiB
Replied by NaomiB on topic Re:OPERATIONS
Hi ya

Good luck to you aswell. you dont have long to go untill uget your operation, hopefully it will make your life a little easier to deal with. My wrists are ok, they crack all the time but sure lol.

Who is Julie ? I cant wait to get my operations, ive had both hips done and they have changed my life, so I cant wait to see how much the knees and ankles help me.

Naomi

(oh and let us know how you get on with yur dates)?????

More
16 years 1 day ago #2352 by Scott_1984
Replied by Scott_1984 on topic Re:OPERATIONS
Hiya Naomi :)

Thanks for your reply :)

Julie's a member of Ablehere.Com & has MCI/PMCI in one of her wrists & her post can be found at: www.ablehere.com/component/option,com_jo...iew/id,2097/catid,47

Scott :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 1 day ago #2353 by
Replied by on topic Re:OPERATIONS
Hi Naomi

I am going into hospital tomorrow to have an arthroscopic thermal capsulorrhaphy as a day case. I am happy to chat to you about this and previous visits to hospital.

I do hope you get your dates for your furher surgeries ankles and knees soon and that they are as successful as your hips.

Take care
Julie

More
15 years 11 months ago #2358 by NaomiB
Replied by NaomiB on topic Re:OPERATIONS
Hi Julie

I do hope that your day in hosptial went well, and went off with out a glitch.

Can I ask why you were getting this done ?

Naomi

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.430 seconds