35 Wonderful Benefits Of Aloe Vera Juice
You must be familiar with ‘Aloe Vera’ – the cactus like plant with tiny thorns commonly found in our kitchen gardens. Many of us must have also used facial creams and shampoos enriched with Aloe juice. With so many benefits to offer, no wonder why Aloe Vera was considered the plant of “immortality” by the Egyptians.
But do you know why this short and cacti plant is known as the ‘miracle plant’? In this post, we will be discussing the various benefits of Aloe Vera juice.
Aloe Vera is a succulent plant specie that has thick fleshy stems with spiny leaves. The fleshy stem contains the Aloe juice which is being used for various purposes since the beginning of the first century as an excellent home remedy. The juice and the gel are used in numerous medicinal, cosmetic and heath treatments.
How to make aloe vera juice:
1. Cut and open a few stems of the plant from the middle section. Choose the outer stems as they are the most mature of all and have the highest concentration of antioxidants.
2. The liquid which oozes out is the fresh aloe gel.
3. Squeeze out the entire gel from the stem and store in a bowl.
4. Put the gel in a blender and add around 1 cup of water.
5. Blend them to get pure Aloe Vera juice. Use the extracted juice within 3-4 days, otherwise the juice will lose the antioxidants.
Both the Aloe juice and gel are powerhouses of antioxidants, antibiotics, work as stimulator of cell growth and have scar and pain inhibitor properties. They are rich in the following vitamins and minerals:
7. Folic acid
8. Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, C, E
9. Amino acids
Aloe Vera Juice Benefits:
Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice for Health:
1. Aloe Vera is very useful for curing bowel problems due to its high anti-inflammatory properties.
2. Having Aloe juice for two weeks can help reduce inflammation in the body like rheumatism, inflammation of ears and eyes and arthritis.
3. Applying the gel externally can ease muscle and joint pains. But do not forget to use freshly prepared gel.
4. Having severe digestive problems? Drink Aloe Vera juice as it reduces symptoms of heart reflux and stabilizes the alkaline levels of the body. Due to its laxative properties, it is also good for constipation.
5. Aloe is great for maintaining the cholesterol level by reducing triglycerides. Include fresh Aloe juice in your daily diet to maintain your cholesterol level and increase the level of good cholesterol.
6. Want to lose weight naturally? By aiding the stabilization of metabolic rate, reducing lipid levels and helping burn fat, Aloe Vera juice is useful for weight loss.
7. Studies have shown that regular consumption of Aloe juice improves oral health and hygiene. It reduces gingivitis and plaque formation. It provides a laxative relief for cold sores and mouth ulcers.
8. Aloe Vera is good for diabetes patients because it helps to regulate the blood sugar levels when consumed regularly. However consult your doctor before you start consuming the aloe juice.
9. Mix 2 teaspoons of fresh Aloe Vera juice with 1 glass of water and drink it everyday early in the morning. This will help detoxify and cleanse your system. This also helps in treating ulcers and detoxifying the digestive system.
10. Applying fresh aloe gel directly to the gums reduces the pain and inflammation.
11. Create your own natural eye wash with Aloe Vera gel. Mix 2 teaspoons of aloe gel in a cup of water. You can also add a teaspoon of boric acid. Use this eye wash to reduce the reddening and irritation in the eyes.
12. Suffering from constant sinus problems? Now ditch your medicines and try the natural option. Aloe Vera is rich in magnesium lactate that works as an antihistamine which helps in reducing the problem of sinus and chest inflammation due to various allergies.
13. Fight away cancer with the regular intake of the aloe juice. It contains high level of anti-carcinogenic properties that hinder the growth of tumours.
14. Drinking aloe juice regularly replenishes the amino acid deficiency in your body. The high vitamin content in it boosts up your body’s immune system and self-defense mechanism.
15. Those who suffer regularly from cold, coughs, flu, stuffy nose, bronchitis and other respiratory disorders, Aloe Vera juice is the best natural solution.
Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice for Skin:
Aloe Vera is suitable for all skin types including highly sensitive skin. You must have seen and used various skin care products which contain the Aloe gel. It is the most common remedy for all skin problems.
16. The anti ageing property of Aloe keeps the skin supple and rejuvenated and also lightens blemishes.
17. It moisturizes the skin and gets rid of dead cells along with wrinkles and fine lines. It also helps in getting rid of stretch marks.
18. Men can use Aloe Vera gel as an after shave. It reduces the irritation and inflammation of the skin and heals the cuts due to shaving.
19. Suffering from acne for a long time? Then make Aloe Vera your friend as it is the best natural remedy for curing acne and pimples and also its scars. It has antimicrobial property that helps kill the bacteria causing acne and reduces the acne marks by lightening the skin.
20. All of us apply numerous sun blocks and creams to prevent harmful sun rays from damaging our skin. But the rays sometimes penetrate through them. Aloe Vera gel is highly beneficial for treating sun burns. It is an excellent cooling agent. Apply fresh gel on your skin everyday to get immediate results. It reduces the pain and the redness of the skin and forms a protective layer which reduces further damage.
21. It heals cuts and wounds, dermatitis and also insect bites when applied externally.
22. Aloe gel is hydrating and moisturizes the skin well. So it can be used in all weathers to prevent dry and patchy skin.
Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice for Hair:
Excessive exposure to dust, sun and pollution makes your hair extremely dry, brittle and damaged. It strips your hair of all its natural oils and moisture causing split ends and dandruff. Aloe Vera is useful for all hair types, especially for dry and damaged hair. Regular use of Aloe Vera in your hair packs; make your tresses smooth, soft and damage-free.
Following are some of the benefits of aloe vera for your hair.
23. Promotes hair growth: Aloe Vera is rich in proteolitic enzymes which help to remove the dead skin which clogs the pores of the scalp, which hinders the growth of new hair follicles. Accumulation of excessive sebum on the scalp can lead to hair problems like partial baldness. So the Aloe gel removes the sebum making the scalp squeaky clean and promoting hair growth.
24. Maintain the pH balance: Aloe Vera has alkaline properties which help to maintain the pH level of the scalp and hair. This keeps the hair moisturised and helps the hair to retain natural moisture. This leads to further hair growth.
25. Reduces dandruff: Aloe Vera is widely used for curing dandruff since the ancient times. Due to its property of enzymatic breakdown of skin cells and anti fungal properties, it helps to reduce dandruff from the scalp. It also heals scalp diseases like psoriasis & seborrhoea.
26. Hair Conditioning: You can add 2 teaspoons of fresh Aloe gel into your favourite conditioner and use it daily. This would enhance the moisturizing properties of your conditioner as it deeply hydrates your hair giving you soft and smooth hair. You can also make these following hair packs for hair conditioning at home.
Face Packs Using Ale Vera Juice/Gel:
27. Aloe clay pack:
• In the multani mitti paste, add ½ teaspoon of Aloe gel.
• Then add a few drops of rose water and honey and mix well to get a smooth paste.
• Apply on the face and keep for 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
28. Aloe fruit pack:
• Blend a few pieces of your favourite fruits like papaya, banana, apple, orange etc.
• Into this add a teaspoon of the aloe gel and mix well.
• You can also add a teaspoon of almond oil or wheat germ oil if you have dry skin.
• Leave it on for 20 minutes and rinse with cool water.
29. For dry skin and sensitive skin:
• In 2 teaspoons of aloe gel, add a teaspoon of rose water and almond oil.
• Then add fresh cucumber paste and mix well to form a smooth consistency.
• Apply and keep for 15 minutes and rinse with cool water.
This face mask also acts as an excellent scrub. It hydrates and smoothes oily skin, removing the dead cells, oil and excess sebum.
• In a mixing bowl, add 2 teaspoons of oatmeal and cucumber paste.
• Into this, add 1 teaspoon of aloe juice and mix well to from a smooth paste.
• Gently scrub in circular motions.
• Now lie down for 15-20 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
31. Green tea mask:
This face mask is especially beneficial for women with pre-mature ageing. Green tea and Aloe are rich in antioxidants that helps to fight free radicals and reduce signs of ageing.
• Mash ¼th avocado pulp and cucumber puree in a bowl.
• Into this add a teaspoon of the Aloe gel and green tea water.
• Mix well to form a paste and apply on the skin. Keep on for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water.
32. Moisturising mask:
Shea butter has excellent hydrating and moisturizing properties. It is an essential ingredient in various creams and lip balms.
• In one teaspoon of aloe gel, add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and Shea butter.
• Mix and mash all the ingredients, for a nice smooth paste.
• Apply and leave the mask on for 20 minutes and wash with cool water.
• This face pack is ideal for dry and sensitive skin people.
Hair Packs Using Ale Vera Juice/Gel:
33. Cleansing pack:
• In 2 teaspoons of besan, add curd and one teaspoon of Aloe Vera gel.
• Mix well to from a smooth hair pack and apply on hair.
• Rinse off after 30 minutes with a mild shampoo.
34. For soft hair:
• In 3 teaspoon of Aloe gel, add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and coconut oil.
• Massage onto the scalp and keep for 20 minutes.
• Wash off your hair with a shampoo.
35. Hibiscus pack:
• In a blender, add the Aloe gel and a handful of hibiscus leaves. You can also add the flowers for better results.
• You will get a smooth green paste. Apply this on the root and hair strands and leave it for 30 minutes.
• Wash with shampoo. You may also have to shampoo your hair twice to remove this hair pack.
You can also apply fresh Aloe gel directly on the scalp and wash off after 20 minutes with mild shampoo. It work wonders for your hair giving you soft, smooth and healthy hair.
Hope after reading this post, you now know the reasons why Aloe Vera is known as the “miracle plant”. Include this in your daily skin and hair care routine and see the difference yourse
I LOVE Aloe Vera!! I first come across it as a plant in Bali and I had got bad sun burn (As usually happens with me! You would never believe I had Indian blood in me!!) and this lovely local Balian came up to me and cut a leaf off the Aloe Vera plant and rubbed the sap on my skin and it felt 10 x better straight away! Since then we have brought After Sun with Aloe Vera in and I use a lot of hair care and moisturisers with Aloe Vera in. It's an all over clever plant!!
I also love Aloe Vera. My neighbor has a large plant and she gave me one of the leaves once when I was outside gardening (ages ago!) and I was starting to burn badly on my back. I rubbed it on the burn and it not only made it feel better but it actually cured the burn!
I always keep a tube of organic Aloe Vera juice in my refrigerator for burns in the kitchen.
Wheatgrass for Weight Loss
Filed by author in Wheatgrass • 0 Comments
Wheatgrass is sold as a dietary supplement for it is rich in many nutrients. Many proponents of wheatgrass say that it provides numerous health benefits including that it helps in weight loss.
Wheatgrass has a high concentration of iron, magnesium, calcium, amino acids, vitamins C, A and E, B12, B6 and chlorophyll. These vitamins and minerals provide many therapeutic benefits. Hence consuming wheatgrass in the right quantities can rid the digestive system of harmful bacteria and cleanse the body of toxins. It cleanses the colon and can help in the treatment of joint pain, ulcerative colitis, skin infections, diabetes and such. It is also a good way to get our daily dietary requirement of vegetables.
How wheatgrass can help with weight loss
Since wheatgrass is promoted as a dietary supplement it is popular among those who wish to lose weight and body builders. For weight loss, wheatgrass is very low in calories and has no fat. Since it can be incorporated in fresh fruit juices and smoothies, it helps us cut out on calorie-rich sodas and this promotes weight loss.
Those who wish to lose weight must also be able to get their daily dietary requirement. Some nutritionist believe that one kg of vegetables is said to be equal in value to 1 shot wheatgrass juice. For those who find it difficult to consume this daily required quantity of vegetables, consuming the required quantity of wheatgrass could provide sufficient essential nutrients. 1 serving (32g) wheatgrass has 0g of fat and only 5 calories.
A lot of people consume dehydrated wheatgrass to help with weight loss. Dehydrated wheatgrass as capsules, powders or tablets is nutrient dense food and this expands when water combines with it. When a person eats such foods, they feel full faster, when actually consuming lesser quantities. This means a person eats less food and still does not feel hungry. Hence, wheatgrass can help weight loss.
While dehydrated wheatgrass is not as rich in nutrients as wheatgrass juice, it does provide the roughage that is needed for weight loss programs. And if wheatgrass is grown under the right conditions and is harvested at the right time and then dehydrated scientifically, it can still be rich in all the essential nutrients that raw wheatgrass has. Since it contains sufficient magnesium, it helps improve bowel health and with muscle contraction
All weight loss programs include an exercise schedule of at least one hour every day on most days. If you exercise and do not eat the right foods, you could lose energy and feel weak and tired. Wheatgrass can provide the endurance and energy needed to burn of calories without getting fatigued. The nutrients in wheatgrass speeds up metabolism and this converts calories to energy. You can burn more calories and this helps with weight loss.
Detoxification is often promoted as part of a weight loss program. Wheatgrass is said to be a good detoxifying agent. It is said to purify the blood and remove harmful toxins. Wheatgrass has high potassium content and this improves skin quality and muscle tone. This is needed during weight loss programs to burn calories and build muscles. Potassium is referred to as the ‘youth mineral’ and wheatgrass helps give all the required potassium without the calories that other potassium-rich foods like bananas contain.
Consuming the right quantity of wheatgrass is generally considered safe. However, since it is grown in humid and moist conditions, chances of contamination from mold and bacteria are very high. Hence the risk of infection increases especially if you consume wheatgrass raw. It must be washed properly before consumption. You can even get pasteurized wheatgrass in stores that will not be contaminated. Those who suffer from gluten intolerance, celiac disease, and grass or wheat allergy or those who are pregnant or breastfeeding must not consume wheatgrass.
Even those who wish to consume wheatgrass for weight loss must consult their doctors before doing so. Wheatgrass is not a miracle cure and cannot replace a healthy diet of fresh vegetables and fruits. Consumed sensibly, it can add variation to your daily diet.
15 Best Benefits Of White Pumpkin For Skin, Hair And Health
SABA ON AUGUST 13, 2013
What is White Pumpkin?
The vegetable pumpkin is a gourd-like squash that belongs to the genus Cucurbita and the family cucurbitae. Pumpkins are generally popular for pumpkin pie that is traditionally a part of thanksgiving meals in the United States. Pumpkins are available in different varieties and colors ranging from yellow, bright orange, brown, grey and white. White pumpkin is quite common in England where it is primarily used for carving and decoration purposes. Due to its white skin, it is considered great for carving as well as painting. Pumpkins form an important part of decorations for Halloween where a face is carved on it and the pumpkin is hollowed out to light candles inside.
cc licensed ( BY ) flickr photo shared by Alana Sise
Apart from being used as decorative pieces, white pumpkin can easily replace the orange pumpkin in many recipes including pumpkin pies and soups. White pumpkin is available in several varieties such as lumina, baby boo, cotton candy, casper, albino pumpkin, ghost pumpkin etc. The lumina variety has an amazing taste and texture and can be used for baking. White pumpkin can also be hollowed out to be used as a serving tureen.
White Pumpkin Benefits
Health Benefits of White Pumpkin:
Besides making the decorations attractive, white pumpkin can form part of many dishes as it is highly nutritious with several health benefits. It is low in calories and high in vitamins A, B6, C and E. Moreover, it contains minerals such as magnesium, phosphorus, iron, folate, niacin and thiamine as well as carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin. Its health benefits are as follows.
1. Lowers Cholesterol:
White pumpkin contains high amounts of phytosterols. These compounds can replace and normalize cholesterol to a healthy level, thus providing protection against certain cancers.
Deficiency of tryptophan is responsible for causing depression. White pumpkin is rich in L-tryptophan, an essential amino-acid which cannot be manufactured by the body. This chemical compound is instrumental in alleviating a depressed mood, providing a feeling of happiness and well-being.
3. Beneficial for Eye Health:
White pumpkins have abundant amounts of Lutein and Zeaxanthin which are vital for protecting the eyes against free radical damage and preventing the formation of cataracts, macular degeneration and astigmatism. Consuming this pumpkin on a regular basis helps in promoting the eye health as it is rich in vitamin A.
The green seeds of pumpkin have anti-inflammatory properties and thus are effective against arthritis and joint inflammation. Herbal decoction made from pumpkin pulp can be used in treating intestinal inflammation.
5. Beneficial in Asthma:
The antioxidants in white pumpkin protect the respiratory system against infections and free radical attacks. Hence, they reduce and heal asthma attacks.
6. Treatment of Peptic Ulcers:
The medicinal properties contained in white pumpkin help in soothing the gastrointestinal tract and healing digestive conditions and peptic ulcers.
[ Read: Wheatgrass Powder Benefits ]
7. Protection against Prostate Cancer:
Pumpkin and its seeds have a high content of carotenoids and zinc which provide protection against prostate cancer. These compounds help in preventing enlargement of the prostate as well as irritable bladder problems. Pumpkin seeds are used in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperasia (BPH).
8. Better Immune System:
The rich variety of nutrients in white pumpkin and white pumpkin juice work wonders in boosting the immune system by increasing the production and performance of white blood cells. Hence, they provide resistance against various kinds of infections.
cc licensed ( BY ) flickr photo shared by Alana Sise
Skin Benefits of White Pumpkin:
White pumpkin has a high content of anti-oxidants in the form of vitamins A, C and E as well as zinc which are great for your skin. Some of the skin benefits of white pumpkin are as follows.
9. Prevents Damage to the Skin:
White pumpkin is a great option if your skin is damaged from environmental conditions such as overexposure to the sun. Vitamin A soothes and softens your skin and vitamin C being an antioxidant can help to remedy damage caused by free radicals. Pumpkin facial masks, moisturizers and peels greatly nourish your skin by promoting the absorption of nutrients.
10. Anti-aging Benefits:
White pumpkins are rich in vitamins A, C and E as well as zinc which together give you a healthy and glowing skin and boost collagen production to prevent signs of ageing. Having a cup of pumpkin seeds daily hydrates and nourishes your skin, thus protecting against the appearance of wrinkles. It also contains fruit enzymes and alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) which enhance cell turnover to brighten and smooth your skin.
White pumpkin contains acne fighting vitamins E and T, more commonly known as torulitine. Thus, it is used in several anti-acne products which provide relief from acne, blemishes or frequent breakouts. Rubbing the fleshy side of fresh pumpkin on your face twice a day acts as a natural blemish-fighting toner.
[ Read: Moringa Powder Benefits ]
12. Beneficial for Oily & Dry Skin:
Pumpkin seeds contain essential fatty acids and vitamin E, which are vital for maintaining good barrier function of the skin as well as regulating sebum. White pumpkin is used as an active ingredient in skin toners, peels and anti-acne masks for reducing pore size, controlling excess oil and preventing the appearance of blackheads and pimples.
White pumpkin contains natural enzymes that help in dissolving dry skin cells. Being rich in enzymes, it is used in skincare products for soothing and softening dry, cracked hands and feet. You can combine two tablespoons of pumpkin puree with two tablespoons of Vaseline for your dry heel treatment. Apply it on your feet at night and put cotton socks on for deep moisturizing.
13. Natural Exfoliator:
White pumpkin is often used in exfoliators and moisturizers as it helps in removing old surface skin cells and encourages new cell production. Due to its small molecular structure, it can penetrate deeper into the skin and treat dull complexion, ageing skin and pigmentation.
Hair Benefits of White Pumpkin:
In addition to the skin, the nutrients contained in white pumpkin are extremely beneficial for your hair. Some of its benefits for hair are as follows.
14. Promotes Hair Growth:
White pumpkin is rich in vitamin A which is extremely beneficial for your scalp. It also contains potassium which helps in promoting the re-growth of hair and preventing hair loss.
15. Suitable for Dry or Damaged Hair:
Just like dry skin treatment, this pumpkin is extremely beneficial for dry or damaged hair. Thus, it can form a part of your hair care regimen where it can be externally applied on your hair along with other ingredients such as coconut, honey and yoghurt.
Qn: What are the thumb rules for a layman to take care of his heart ?
1. Diet - Less of carbohydrate, more of protein, less oil
2. Exercise - Half an hour's walk, at least five days a week; avoid lifts and avoid sitting for a longtime
3. Quit smoking
4. Control weight
5. Control blood pressure and sugar
Qn: Is eating non-veg food (fish) good for the heart?
Qn: It's still a grave shock to hear that some apparently healthy person
gets a cardiac arrest. How do we understand it in perspective?
Ans: This is called silent attack; that is why we recommend everyone past the age of 30 to undergo routine health checkups.
Qn: Are heart diseases hereditary?
Qn: What are the ways in which the heart is stressed? What practices do you suggest to de-stress?
Ans: Change your attitude towards life. Do not look for perfection in everything in life.
Qn: Is walking better than jogging or is more intensive exercise required to keep a healthy heart?
Ans: Walking is better than jogging since jogging leads to early fatigue and injury to joints .
Qn: You have done so much for the poor and needy. What has inspired you to do so?
Ans: Mother Theresa , who was my patient.
Qn: Can people with low blood pressure suffer heart diseases?
Ans: Extremely rare
Qn: Does cholesterol accumulates right from an early age
(I'm currently only 22) or do you have to worry about it only after you are above 30 years of age?
Ans: Cholesterol accumulates from childhood.
Qn: How do irregular eating habits affect the heart ?
Ans: You tend to eat junk food when the habits are irregular and your body's enzyme release for digestion gets confused.
Qn: How can I control cholesterol content without using medicines?
Ans: Control diet, walk and eat walnut.
Qn: Can yoga prevent heart ailments?
Ans: Yoga helps.
Qn: Which is the best and worst food for the heart?
Ans: Fruits and vegetables are the best and the worst is oil.
Qn: Which oil is better - groundnut, sunflower, olive?
Ans: All oils are bad .
Qn: What is the routine checkup one should go through? Is there any specific test?
Ans: Routine blood test to ensure sugar, cholesterol is ok. Check BP, Treadmill test after an echo.
Qn: What are the first aid steps to be taken on a heart attack?
Ans: Help the person into a sleeping position , place an aspirin tablet under the tongue with a sorbitrate tablet if available, and rush him to a coronary care unit since the maximum casualty takes place within the first hour.
Qn: How do you differentiate between pain caused by a heart attack and that caused due to gastric trouble?
Ans: Extremely difficult without ECG.
Qn: What is the main cause of a steep increase in heart problems amongst youngsters? I see people of about 30-40 yrs of age having heart attacks and serious heart problems.
Ans: Increased awareness has increased incidents. Also, edentary lifestyles, smoking, junk food, lack of exercise in a country where people are genetically three times more vulnerable for heart attacks than Europeans and Americans.
Qn: Is it possible for a person to have BP outside the normal range of 120/80 and yet be perfectly healthy?
Qn: Marriages within close relatives can lead to heart problems for the child. Is it true?
Ans : Yes, co-sanguinity leads to congenital abnormalities and you may not have a software engineer as a child
Qn: Many of us have an irregular daily routine and many a times we have to stay late nights in office. Does this affect our heart ? What precautions would you recommend?
Ans : When you are young, nature protects you against all these irregularities. However, as you grow older, respect the biological clock.
Qn: Will taking anti-hypertensive drugs cause some other complications (short / long term)?
Ans : Yes, most drugs have some side effects. However, modern anti-hypertensive drugs are extremely safe.
Qn: Will consuming more coffee/tea lead to heart attacks?
Ans : No.
Qn: Are asthma patients more prone to heart disease?
Ans : No.
Qn: How would you define junk food?
Ans : Fried food like Kentucky , McDonalds , samosas, and even masala dosas.
Qn: You mentioned that Indians are three times more vulnerable. What is the reason for this, as Europeans and Americans also eat a lot of junk food?
Ans: Every race is vulnerable to some disease and unfortunately, Indians are vulnerable for the most expensive disease.
Qn: Does consuming bananas help reduce hypertension?
Ans : No.
Qn: Can a person help himself during a heart attack (Because we see a lot of forwarded emails on this)?
Ans : Yes. Lie down comfortably and put an aspirin tablet of any description under the tongue and ask someone to take you to the nearest coronary care unit without any delay and do not wait for the ambulance since most of the time, the ambulance does not turn up.
Qn: Do, in any way, low white blood cells and low hemoglobin count lead to heart problems?
Ans : No. But it is ideal to have normal hemoglobin level to increase your exercise capacity.
Qn: Sometimes, due to the hectic schedule we are not able to exercise. So, does walking while doing daily chores at home or climbing the stairs in the house, work as a substitute for exercise?
Ans : Certainly. Avoid sitting continuously for more than half an hour and even the act of getting out of the chair and going to another chair and sitting helps a lot.
Qn: Is there a relation between heart problems and blood sugar?
Ans: Yes. A strong relationship since diabetics are more vulnerable to heart attacks than non-diabetics.
Qn: What are the things one needs to take care of after a heart operation?
Ans : Diet, exercise, drugs on time, Control cholesterol, BP, weight.
Qn: Are people working on night shifts more vulnerable to heart disease when compared to day shift workers?
Ans : No.
Qn: What are the modern anti-hypertensive drugs?
Ans : There are hundreds of drugs and your doctor will chose the right combination for your problem, but my suggestion is to avoid the drugs and go for natural ways of controlling blood pressure by walk, diet to
reduce weight and changing attitudes towards lifestyles.
Qn: Does dispirin or similar headache pills increase the risk of heart attacks?
Ans : No.
Qn: Why is the rate of heart attacks more in men than in women?
Ans : Nature protects women till the age of 45.
Qn: How can one keep the heart in a good condition?
Ans : Eat a healthy diet, avoid junk food, exercise everyday, do not smoke and, go for health checkup s if you are past the age of 30 ( once in six months recommended)...
Causes Of Dandruff
1. Lack Of Proper Hair Care
Proper hair care should be an essential part of your routine if you wish to stay away from dandruff.
Irregular and improper hair brushing can gradually lead to dandruff. It is a common cause that causes dandruff and other hair problems.
When you are combing your hair, the dead skin cells are easily removed. However, in the absence of combing the dead cells are not removed and they stick to your scalp. Eventually this layer of dead skin develops into dandruff.
2. Yeast Allergy
If you are allergic to yeast, you can easily get dandruff on your head.
Yeast is a species of spore or fungi that lives in our atmosphere. It is different from the yeast that we use for cooking.
3. Dry Skin:
People who have a dry skin often get dandruff. They usually experience the problem during the winter days when their skin tends to get drier. Here are the best remedies for Dry Skin
4. Certain Diseases Can Result In Dandruff
Certain health conditions like poor immunity, heart diseases, strokes, seborrhoeic dermatitis and Parkinson’s diseases can often result in dandruff formation.
5. Lack Of Shampooing
Lack of enough shampooing can lead to dandruff. Shampooing removes the dead skin cells and excess oil accumulations from your scalp.
In the absence of proper shampooing these skin cells and oily deposits lead to dandruff.
Malassezia is a natural fungus that grows on our skin. Although this fungus is fairly harmless, it multiplies faster in areas that are oilier.
Scalp is a region where there are lots of oil glands and this is in turn results in growth and development of excess Malassezia. This fungus blocks the sebaceous glands which lead to itching, inflammation and dandruff.
7. Improper Diet
A diet which is deficient in vitamins, zinc and fats can lead to dandruff.
If you are too much stressed it can encourage the growth of dandruff. Stress is a major culprit that causes several issues which also includes skin problems.
Although, there are so many reasons that can trigger off dandruff formation, there are several remedies that can help you in dealing with this situation. Even though it is difficult to treat dandruff, if you follow certain remedial steps, you can gradually make your scalp entirely dandruff-free.
One of the easiest ways to get rid of dandruff is to use a good quality shampoo that has the power to cleanse off dandruff and make the skin on your scalp healthy and intact. Most of the anti-dandruff shampoos contain elements like Zinc pyrithione, Ketoconazole, Selenium sulphide, Tea-tree oil, Coal tar, Salicylic acid and so on. For better effects, you should apply your shampoo and leave it for 5 minutes before washing it off.
If you do not prefer shampoos, there are certain natural remedies that can work wonders. Mentioned below are some of the best home remedies that can help you in removing dandruff naturally.
Natural Remedies For Dandruff
1. Pepper And Yogurt:
Yogurt is a soothing agent that can make the skin on your scalp become smooth and less scaly.
Pepper acts as an anti-fungal agent that inhibits the growth of dandruff-causing microbes.
For making this remedy you need to mix 2 teaspoons of pepper powder and a cup of curd. Apply this mixture on your scalp and leave it for an hour.
Once you rinse it off, you can wash your hair with your usual shampoo.
2. Olive Oil:
Olive oil is an excellent remedy that can cure all sorts of dandruff problem.
Olive oil acts as a moisturiser that makes the skin on your scalp really moist. This reduces the formation of dandruff.
Before applying olive oil, you should heat it gently. Warm olive oil gives more effect.
Apply the oil on your scalp and gently massage it. Leave it overnight. This would allow the skin to absorb the oil. In the morning wash your scalp with a gentle shampoo.
Olive oil is a strong medicine and it would bring results even if you leave it for just 15 minutes before rinsing.
3. Oil And Lemon Juice:
Lemon juice and oil is a great combination that can help you in getting rid of dandruff.
Although lemon juice has certain bleaching properties, it doesn’t cause any discoloration of your hair. Lemon works as an anti-fungal agent that fights the microbes that lead to dandruff formation.
Make a mixture of lemon juice and coconut oil, where the proportion of lemon juice is 1/6th of the total mixture. Apply this mixture on your scalp and let it remain for 20 to 30 minutes. Then wash and rinse your hair using a gentle shampoo.
Try this remedy on a regular basis for getting the desired effect.
Vinegar is a popular remedy for treating dandruff. However, you should not use chemically synthesized vinegar for this treatment. Pick naturally prepared vinegar like balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
Vinegar contains active potassium enzymes that remove all the itchy sensation from your scalp. Natural vinegar is a good treatment for dandruff that causes lot of itching.
Massaging your scalp with apple cider vinegar promotes proper blood circulation. This makes your hair strong and healthier.
Apple cider vinegar removes all the dead skin cells from your scalp. This prevents the formation of dandruff.
Instead of directly applying vinegar to your scalp you can also rinse your hair with a mixture of water and vinegar. For a mug of water you can use a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. You would get a lingering smell of vinegar but it will wean off as your hair gets dry.
5. Baking Soda:
Baking soda has certain cleansing properties that help in cleaning up all the dandruff from your scalp.
Mix your shampoo with a teaspoon of baking soda and make a good mixture of it. Apply this on your scalp and then rinse your hair nicely. You would be amazed to see all the traces of dandruff getting easily removed.
6. Aloe Vera:
Aloe Vera is quite effective in removing dandruff and restoring the skin on your scalp.
Aloe Vera restores the broken skin on your scalp and makes it healthy and smooth. This prevents the formation of dandruff.
Aloe Vera also acts as an anti-fungal and anti-bacterial agent that helps in cleansing out all the dandruff.
Apply pure Aloe Vera gel on your scalp and let it stay for 15 minutes before rinsing with a gentle shampoo.
Aloe Vera treatment is a great remedy for your hair and scalp and hence you can use it daily.
Neem is an amazing natural remedy that can help you in fighting dandruff as well as hair fall.
Neem acts as an antibiotic, antibacterial, antiseptic and antifungal agent. Its regular use can assist in treating several problems like dandruff, hair fall, itching, lice and all sorts of scalp allergies.
Here is how you should make use of Neem. Boil Neem leaves in water for 30 minutes and then make a paste of it. Apply this paste on your scalp and let it remain for 30 minutes. Rinse your hair with water.
Apples are good for health but they are also a great remedy for dandruff.
Apple contains phenolase enzyme which removes the accumulation of dead skin cells from your scalp. Dead skin is responsible for clogging the roots of your hair and causing hair fall and dandruff formation.
Make a juice of an apple and mix it with water. Apply this mixture on your scalp and let it stay for around 10 minutes. Following this clean your scalp using a gentle shampoo.
Garlic is yet another amazing remedy that can help you in getting rid of dandruff.
Garlic contains lot of antibiotic agents that destroy the bacteria responsible for the formation of dandruff.
Make a good paste of garlic and apply it gently to your scalp. Let it stay for 30 minutes before washing your hair with a gentle aromatic shampoo.
Apply a mixture of reetha powder and water onto your scalp and leave it for about 2 hours. This can help you in getting rid of dandruff.
11. Fenugreek Seeds:
Fenugreek seeds are an excellent remedy that can get rid of dandruff for good. However, you should have some patience and follow the treatment for around a month.
Leave the seeds of fenugreek in water for around 12 hours. This would make the seeds softer and easy to crush. Make a paste of these seeds and apply onto your scalp. Let it remain for 30 minutes before washing your hair with a nice shampoo.
All these natural remedies are effective in fighting dandruff. However, it is important to note that it might take time to get rid of dandruff and you should have the patience to allow these remedies to show their complete effect.