logolong

Need to learn to accept my condition

More
9 years 5 months ago #55748 by nobraindave
I slipped off of a kitchen chair tonight and had to get help to get back up. I was overcome with humiliation and sad... the bad feelings were unnecessary. Does anyone have advice about acceptance, I'm not doing it well today

Thanks
Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #55752 by Tomrymer
Accept but don't be abject. Having looked at your profile I can see you're generally positive. Just recall the progress you've made and don't let setbacks surprise you. This advice is easy to give but harder to live I know.
My own battle has been a long one since infancy with many a knock down and fight back.
Good luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nobraindave

More
9 years 5 months ago #55757 by BUBBADOG14
We all have bad days, I had one only last week, I tried for over 10 minutes trying to get my bra on but my left arm refused to move so far because the pain from my left shoulder due to Rheumatoid Arthritis. I eventually gave up and burst into tears when my husband came in the room and said 'you should of just asked' I felt little by little I was losing my independence. But I soon gave myself a kick up the bum and reminded myself there are other ways to get around putting my bra on! So never give up and find the positives you still get out of life.

More
9 years 5 months ago #55764 by Jana
Dave, I wish I had an answer. I'm not very accepting of things when they happen. Like falling off a chair or not being able to get out of a bathtub without help. I fight these things tooth and nail. I think it's called living in a constant state of denial.

One thing you can do is just reassure your self. Heck, I'll reassure you...it's OK that you fell off the chair. It's OK that your body isn't on the same page as your brain. ;)

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #55765 by Jana
Amanda, or you could just go without. Get a tee shirt that says, The 70s are back! :)
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Jana.

More
9 years 5 months ago #55779 by BUBBADOG14

Jana wrote: Amanda, or you could just go without. Get a tee shirt that says, The 70s are back! :)

My puppies hit the floor without a bra!! Could do with two cranes to hoist them up these days!! :laugh:

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.430 seconds