logolong

Can Anyone Reccomend A Shoe Supplier For Grossly Swollen Feet?

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #65243 by Amanda2
I suffer from Lymphoedema as well as Chronic Venous Insufficiency and both these cause gross swelling in my legs and across the tops of my feet. There are shoe suppliers for people who need broad fitting shoes however my feet aren't particularly broad, the retained fluid confines itself to the tops of my feet. I have found one shoe company (DB Shoes) who manufacture shoes which will accommodate feet which need a deeper shoe but these are also very wide shoes, too wide for me. The only shoes which I can use are Skechers easy fit trainers which lace up and so are adjustable. However I obviously would prefer to only use these when I go out of the home. Indoors I use some mules which are too tight and don't support my feet. I also consider them to be quite dangerous as they slip off when I'm walking. This is because my feet are too swollen to fit sufficiently deeply into the mule. I've found it best to focus my efforts (whilst hunting for shoes on the internet) to shoes which are adjustable but I'm unable to find any which adjust enough. I've tried elasticated shoes including those which are made entirely from elastic (on the upper) and these are the most promising but some are too tight, some have too high a heel and some just won't grip properly round the back of my heel. My heels are quite misshapen with the swelling. I also find that I need a padded/cushioned inner sock and a flat shoe.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Amanda2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #65257 by themagician1892
amanda .... i take it you are in the UK if you are ... can you not be refared to your hospital to get your shoes made??

More
6 years 9 months ago #65269 by BUBBADOG14
Yes in the U.K there is a Podiatrists in hospitals that can help with special shoe's or insoles to help with finding comfort for your feet. I saw a Podiatrist when I had my bunions( before I had them removed) and made special insoles to help me walk pain free.

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #65277 by Amanda2
Thanks a lot for this, I will look into it. It could well be the answer. In my area (in common with some other areas) the Lymphoedema clinic is run by MacMillan (some cases of lymphoedema occur as a result of e.g.: breast cancer surgery, however in my case it was something I was born with) so it's not quite the same as dealing with an NHS clinic.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Amanda2.

More
6 years 9 months ago #65279 by themagician1892
amanda if NHS there should be an orpthopedic place (sometimes with fracture clinic as in my hospital) they could point u in right direction

More
6 years 9 months ago #65282 by Amanda2
That would be a good place to start, thanks, I appreciate this.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.469 seconds