logolong

Seeing new Consultant today

More
1 year 6 months ago #71550 by BUBBADOG14
After nearly 3 years of waiting and being left in limbo because my old Consultant retired!  I'm seeing my new Rheumatologist Consultant. I know he will want to start from scratch which means more X-Rays & Scans but I really want to get on the waiting list for my 1st hip replacement because I know it's going to be a long wait because of the back log due to Covid!! It's going to be like a blind date meeting my new Consultant but I'm becoming used to it as this will be my 3rd Rheumatologist in 4yrs as they seem to keep jumping ship! Well I will soon know what he will be like and if we get on, will let you know how it goes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago #71566 by BUBBADOG14
Saw my new consultant who was lovely, he did a head to toe check and said he felt my left hip was very damaged by Osteoporosis which I went on to tell him about the pain I suffered from it when I used the arm or slept on it. I asked him about the main reason for seeing him my hips, he said he felt the left shoulder was more urgent and he feels surgery may be needed on the left shoulder first before the left hip. So he sent me for X-rays on the left shoulder and left hip & bloods. He said he would look at the results and decide if I need scans before he makes a decision on what needs doing and then call me back to see him. So I'm now waiting for an appointment to see what's next.

More
1 year 6 months ago #71582 by Garryb10
just have to hope u can get these things fixed sooner than later and get back to a better life as soon as possible

More
1 year 6 months ago #71587 by BUBBADOG14
It depends on the wait, there is a long back log due to Covid! I have heard it could be as long as 5 years! I will have to see when the consult gets the reports from the X-Rays & Scans and I get called back.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.372 seconds