logolong

Had a stroke before new year

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #73223 by BUBBADOG14
On 30th December 2023 I suffered a stroke. It was scary I felt like someone else was in control of my body, i couldn't move my left side and I couldn't speak very well my mouth had drooped and my words weren't coming out and my voice was slurred my husband was so frightened when he saw me that he found an ambulance and at first they said it was going to take a good half an hour and then my husband said she has had a stroke and the ambulance was with us within 10 minutes they were very good they rushed upstairs found at all what state I was in and made sure that everything on the fast list was there the face the arms the speech so they phoned ahead to Worcestershire hospital and the stroke unit told them I would be on my way and they got me into the ambulance fast and drove me all the way to Worcester because my local hospital already they're stroke unit has closed so I was stuck in the ambulance because there was a hue of ambulances outside of the Ana at two o'clock in the morning on the 30th of December I got into the CT scanner within 40 minutes and then they found the blood clots and took me straight back into the a and e department and the stroke Docks are saw me straight away he told me he was going to give me this fluid which was radioactive into my body and that would hopefully dissolve the clut it would take to courses of the thrombo lightest drug as it was called and I had to have it within a window of three hours from when the stroke happened so they gave me this drug in Two Steps my husband was allowed in with me and he stayed with me for two hours my husband so he didn't get home till gone 5 am on the 30th of December are was taken up to the stroke unit and was kept on monitors and checked every half an hour the next day which was the 31st of December the stroke occupational therapists came to see me and they checked my arm leg to see if any feeling had come back into them as I had no feeling at all and no strength by then the feeling was starting to come back a bit I could just about move my fingers and feet so the physiotherapist came later in the day and we got my legs moving as best as they could and my arm as strong as it could get which is still very very weak by the way and so they thought I would be better off at home to get better so I was able to phone my husband and tell him he could come and collect me on the early evening of the 31st of December so I was able to go home and spend New Years at home with my husband and my fur babies which was all I wanted my speech was starting to come back as well I still have problems trying to get words and also I have a slur so it is going to take about two to three months for its slowly to come back so of course at the moment I'm still very unsteady on my feet and I sometimes can't speak so it's just a case of me trying to take it easy and start to get back to the best of me I can I had a MRI scan on the fourth of January to make sure there was no Scar in on my brain and also that there was no more clots starting to form I haven't heard back from my doctor yet but it is the only start at the first week of them being you know open so I will either hear from them or the stroke unit because I'm waiting for an appointment to go back to the stroke unit and see my doctor there so overall now yes I have had a stroke yes I am not still back to full bubbledog form but I will get there I have to trust myself on that so that was what happened at the end of 2023 for me so I am trying to say positive and hope that the four me will come back eventually so that's my big 2023 news to tell all of you and to all those who have also had Strokes stapositive I believe that the real person is still inside and they will find their way out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds