logolong

Anxiety/Anxiety Disorders &/Or Panic Attacks Chat:

More
16 years 5 months ago #1447 by Scott_1984
Anxiety/Anxiety Disorders &/Or Panic Attacks Chat:

Does Anyone Suffer From Anxiety/Anxiety Disorder &/Or Panic Attacks, if so tell all the Ablehere users your story & how it effects you or your loved one with your normal day to day activities & mental health.

If your not sure what Anxiety/Anxiety Disorder &/Or Panic Attacks Are, then go to: www.ablehere.com/component/option,com_jo...iew/id,1442/catid,49

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 5 months ago #1656 by Scott_1984
I suffer from Anxiety/Panic Attacks, when going out to new areas by myself &/Or even if I am going out with my Boyfriend or Parents/Family.

I've suffered from Anxiety/Panic Attacks since: 03-03-2003, & this was the around the time I was diagnosised with clinical depression & put on Antidepressnats & sent away for Counselling.

Although I started to get depressed one month after the accident/injury to both my left hand/wrist, & arm. (Accident/Injury occured at work on: 13-10-2002)

Before the accident/injury & the depression, I never suffered from Anxiety/Panic Attacks.

Now I fear, worry, & Panic about going outside & to new areas or meeting new people I don't know.

I begin to Sweat, Panic, Worry, Over-Think, Think everyones looking/talking about me.

I mainly travel at night when London's empty, or by cab if going to a new area/meeting someone new for an appointment/assessment.

I have to wear clothes with hoods, or that are really big, so I can hide from the world, even if its summer/hot I'll have to wear a big winter jacket.

More
16 years 5 months ago #1657 by Scott_1984
I had my 4th Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit Medical Examination/Assessment on: Wednesday 07th of November 2007 for: 11:00, I was ten minutes late & had to get a cab there due to my Anxiety/Panic Attacks when going out by myself to areas that I am not use to.

They sent me out a cheque for the cab there, but they forgot to send me a cheque for the cab from there Medical Offices back to my boyfriends flat.

The Doctor was lovely & She listened & took all the notes & carried out an Physical Examination of my upper-limbs.

More
16 years 5 months ago #1742 by suzan
:angry: ..Anziety and panic attacks can be very overwhelming when they take hold...:angry:

:) ..A technique that some find useful:..:)

whenever and as soon as you are aware of any kind of stress,anxiety,panic etc...try to blow it out...just a short sharp blow followed by a slow deep intake of breath...................this can help to control the physical effects and allow you to take control of the situation.

Try it Scott, lets see if it can help you too..:)

xx suzan xx.....:)

More
16 years 4 months ago #1856 by Scott_1984
According to a recent survey undertaken by MIND, people suffering from depression feel much better after eating a banana.

This is because bananas contain tryptophan, a protein that the body converts into serotonin to make you relax and improve your mood.

Trypotophan can also help sufferers of Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).

Also, if you are stressed or nervous, bananas can help calm you down. Bananas are high in B vitamins that help calm the nervous system.

Bananas also fight stress with potassium, as the mineral helps normalise the heartbeat, sends oxygen to the brain and regulates your body's water-balance.

Source: www.banana.com & www.Texperts.Com & www.mind.org.uk/News+policy+and+campaign...r+Mood+With+Food.htm

More
15 years 8 months ago #7024 by TheLadyMagenta
I started having panic attacks about 12 years ago. I found it so overwhelming it was as though someone had drugged me. I used to rush round the house tidying, cleaning and going crazy as it seemed as though if i stood still the walls closed in and the floor heaved and i was convinced i would just pass away. It started indoors and eventually became so bad i would not let my partner leave me alone as i was sure as soon as i was alone it would happen. Now of course i know i was doing the worse thing possible by accellerating my pulse and heart rate even more by rushing about hyperventilating but i knew no better. Eventually the Dr gave me a strong beta blocker (propranaline) to slow my heart rate untill i had therapy to cope. Im ok now but i,ll never forget the blind terror i felt when i was goin through them so i feel for you scott. At least you have your boyfriend there for you and im sure it helps a lot. I hope you feel better and cope with them more soon.<br><br>Post edited by: TheLadyMagenta, at: 2008/08/27 19:07

Moderators: Scott_1984
Time to create page: 0.439 seconds