logolong

Robin Williams

More
9 years 8 months ago #54844 by BUBBADOG14
Robin Williams was created by BUBBADOG14
It was so sad to hear of the death of Robin Williams yesterday. I think it was a shock to find out that he had been suffering from Depression as well. He hid it well from the public and a lot of his movie star friends. He wore a mask to hide it in public well. It was also sad to read this morning that he attempted to take his own life but failed before managing to do it. The same morning he tried to cut his wrists but failed before taking a belt and hanging himself, which shows how ill he was. Having this extremely sad story as headline news brings to the public how well depression can be hidden from from friends and family and someone can struggle with it behind closed doors. But if they share it with a doctor or even someone you trust you can battle through this and come out the other side. Which sadly was to late for the late great Robin Williams. This shows anyone can suffer from Depression not just Joe Blogs in the street but movie stars, mega rich and Royals!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: riversidemarie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #54845 by Sandie
Replied by Sandie on topic Robin Williams
I totally agree Amanda, he had so much but left it all behind.When the black mist comes down nothing can help, it is so sad but depression does kill.

More
9 years 8 months ago #54853 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Robin Williams
All my school mates died from muscular dystrophy so I think its selfish when people commit suicide.

More
9 years 8 months ago #54864 by Sandie
Replied by Sandie on topic Robin Williams

Karl wrote: All my school mates died from muscular dystrophy so I think its selfish when people commit suicide.

I see your point Karl, I don't think I would have the courage to take my own life, but Scott says it's the cowards way out, he says everything can be sorted
out, nothing is bad enough to take your own life, life is precious live every
day.

More
9 years 8 months ago #54874 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Robin Williams
If the person had a few months to live then I would understand the person committing suicide.

I think rich people like Robbie don't know what to do with their free time as they could be really busy for 10 months and then they don't get any jobs for 1 or 2 or 3 years.

It proves a point, money doesn't make you happy

More
9 years 8 months ago #54882 by Jana
Replied by Jana on topic Robin Williams
As someone who has dealt with major depression for most of her life, I just don't get it when people say that suicide is "selfish" or whatever. It really pisses me off. My experience is that things just get so dark you just want the pain inside to go away.It's not something that is really easy to describe, yet you know the feeling when you are there. Robin Williams was a successful man by anyone's standards, but he was also constantly battling 2 issues, addiction and depression. Anyone with a dual diagnosis, say, chronic pain and major depression are many times more likely to take their own lives. It's not because the pain is too much or because you are so sad but because the battle itself has become too difficult. You just want it all to stop.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BUBBADOG14, riversidemarie

Moderators: Scott_1984
Time to create page: 0.410 seconds