logolong

the way i changed my life,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 11 months ago #164 by
as a young child i was happy out going girl getting into all sorts swimming riding a bike even climbing anything about,then suddenly i had my first fit,from here my life was turned upside down,everything i knew stopped,even had to have my long hair cut off,the drs and schools wanted me to wear a helmet and then attend a special school for disabled children,in which i refused both,i was growing up in the 60s along with the stigma,
in my early 20s i made a list of things that may help me in cutting down my fits,even though i only had at 3-4 a year that was to many,here is a list of what i done for over 20yrs,
every day had breakfask,taking my meds at the same time,i would then eat 2hrs later half of a mars bar,2hrs later have dinner with meds,3 hrs later the other half of a mars,2hrs later my tea with meds,3hrs later a light snack with evening meds,i would set a time where im always in bed the same time every night,i would never lay in i would get up about half a hour after i woken,then do the same again,i would eat something that has been fried every day as it had been proven that eating something like a fried mushroom ect kept the meds inside the blood system for longer,the hardest thing to do was to learn to keep calm,i was allways getting excited about anything,just like a child at christmas,it took nearly a year to learn how to calm,when i go out to pub or club i would make half a larger last me all night,i then went 11yrs fit free,however this dose not work everyone,and if you have other illnesses or disabilitys see your dr first,let me know what you have changed and has worked for you,:cheer:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: malh007
Time to create page: 0.356 seconds