Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Grand Mal seizuire

Grand Mal seizuire 3 years 3 months ago #61493

On Saturday night I had a Grand Mal Seizure 1st in a good 2/3 yrs without any warning. Personally I think it is connected to the huge bump on my head!! It really shook up my husband who said he nearly called 999 because it lasted so long. It really did take it out of me and after a few sips of water I just fell asleep. The next morning I was still wore out so spent must the day in bed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: riversidemarie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Grand Mal seizuire 3 years 3 months ago #61506

• Karl
  • Thank you received: 206
Oh dear get well soon. Never had a seizure but I have seen a lot of people who has had them.

Grand Mal seizuire 3 years 3 months ago #61508

I feel for you Bubbadog14. The last grand mal I had was in Oct. '92 so it's been a while but I'm still taking Tegretol at 800 MG daily. Is there any lingering effects on your eye or your seeing? I am with your hubby, I am worried that the bump could have something to do with it. By all means, be careful!!

Grand Mal seizuire 3 years 3 months ago #61509

Thanks guys for messages, I take Carbamazepine 400mg Edwin, been on it for many moons now just the dose has changed. We are keeping on eye on the lump as we where told it was going to be a long drawn out process for my recovery. And I'm speaking with my G.P on Friday so she can have an update. We know that if there is any change or if my symptoms get worse I have to hot foot it back up to A&E.

Grand Mal seizuire 3 years 3 months ago #61520

We're taking the same drug then, Carbamazepine is generic for Tegretol. Keep me informed about your situation and how your G.P. feels about it. I care and a lot of other ppl do too. thanks for the come back hun.

Grand Mal seizuire 3 years 3 months ago #61526

No problem, will keep you updated. :)

Grand Mal seizuire 3 years 3 months ago #61542

Memories...I've been in more A@E depts than that film crew filing A Day in the life of...
Thankfully I've been fit free for 4 yrs now, but I've had some injuries as well! Usually took me a few days to sleep em off as well.
Drugs wise been on Carbawotsit as well. Changed em a while back.
Are you due a medication review?

Grand Mal seizuire 3 years 3 months ago #61548

• i1ano
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I had a seizure three years ago and my doctor put me on Depakote which has controlled the seizures but the side effects are really bothering me it makes me so tired that I have to nap in the afternoon and am not able to accomplish anything I asked my neurologist if there was something else I could take and he is trying to switch me to a medication called Vimpat and the side effects seen more severe on it than the Depakote. So I am asking for any advice on medications or experience that someone may have had thank you in advance.

Grand Mal seizuire 3 years 3 months ago #61552

The Carbamazepine has been the best medication I've been on, I spoke with my G.P yesterday and she feels the seizure was due to the bump on my head and has said if I have more grand mal seizures then we will relook at my meds. I'm on so many different medications for my several illnesses that I do feel tired by the afternoon that I do take a siesta in the afternoon.

Grand Mal seizuire 3 years 3 months ago #61557

Nowt wrong wiv siestas! I have to have a sleep in the afternoon due to fatigue or (I am reliably informed) i become a grumpy, half dead, liable to snap your head off kind of zombie!!

Grand Mal seizuire 3 years 3 months ago #61559

Thank you for the info hun. Carbamazepine is the best drug for me also and like you I take pills all the damn day long. In total I take 11 pills but the most important is the anti-seizural med. I hope you don't have any more bad spells and that your days will be looking up. Keep smiling hun.

Grand Mal seizuire 3 years 3 months ago #61591

A card my kids bought me will bring smiles to anyone on meds..
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: BUBBADOG14

• Page:
Moderators: malh007
Time to create page: 0.783 seconds