logolong

Grand Mal seizuire

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #61493 by BUBBADOG14
On Saturday night I had a Grand Mal Seizure 1st in a good 2/3 yrs without any warning. Personally I think it is connected to the huge bump on my head!! It really shook up my husband who said he nearly called 999 because it lasted so long. It really did take it out of me and after a few sips of water I just fell asleep. The next morning I was still wore out so spent must the day in bed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: riversidemarie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #61506 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Grand Mal seizuire
Oh dear get well soon. Never had a seizure but I have seen a lot of people who has had them.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #61508 by Edwin55
Replied by Edwin55 on topic Grand Mal seizuire
I feel for you Bubbadog14. The last grand mal I had was in Oct. '92 so it's been a while but I'm still taking Tegretol at 800 MG daily. Is there any lingering effects on your eye or your seeing? I am with your hubby, I am worried that the bump could have something to do with it. By all means, be careful!!

More
8 years 1 week ago #61509 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Grand Mal seizuire
Thanks guys for messages, I take Carbamazepine 400mg Edwin, been on it for many moons now just the dose has changed. We are keeping on eye on the lump as we where told it was going to be a long drawn out process for my recovery. And I'm speaking with my G.P on Friday so she can have an update. We know that if there is any change or if my symptoms get worse I have to hot foot it back up to A&E.

More
8 years 1 week ago #61520 by Edwin55
Replied by Edwin55 on topic Grand Mal seizuire
We're taking the same drug then, Carbamazepine is generic for Tegretol. Keep me informed about your situation and how your G.P. feels about it. I care and a lot of other ppl do too. thanks for the come back hun.

More
8 years 1 week ago #61526 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Grand Mal seizuire
No problem, will keep you updated. :)

Moderators: malh007
Time to create page: 0.450 seconds