logolong

Disabled toilets

More
16 years 1 month ago #2148 by Karl
Disabled toilets was created by Karl
I went in a new pub and the disabled toilet was out of order. Well, they said it was out of order but I got the impression the toilet hasnt been completed yet. The pub opened over 4 weeks ago. Surely there are rules and checks before opening a pub?

The manager said the toilet will be sorted out by next week.

Guess where I am going next week? If not sorted, I'll take action as they are breaking the UK law

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 1 week ago #2217 by NaomiB
Replied by NaomiB on topic Re:Disabled toilets
Well any more word on the toliet ? Did they get it fixed ?

More
16 years 1 week ago #2219 by NaomiB
Replied by NaomiB on topic Re:Disabled toilets
I remember while i was waiting outside a disabiled toliet, while it was inuse, a woman was talking to another lady, one was in a chair and the other was standing beside her, just chit chatting while she waited on the loo. Well anyway, the woman said to the lady in the chair, \"its amazing how many people use this toliet who arnt disabled\", she said this in my direcion, i think because i dont look disabled, people take for granted that im able bodied, which im totally not. I wasnt going to start givng this woman the run down of my life, I said to myelf, why should I, I shouldnt have to explain to her why im wanting to used the toliet. I can only guess that the lady in question was an older woman, possibly in her 60's, i think that was the only reason why she was waiting on the tolietm but as i say, maybe she had something tht i couldnt see. Just like how she judged me, I was judging her in the same way.

More
15 years 10 months ago #3016 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Re:Disabled toilets
On the 22nd February 2008 I went into Fusion Bar and Grill on Cottingham road for a drink with my friend Craig Cooper. The new pub had good access at the entrance but we couldn’t find any disabled loo. We asked the doorman, he said the disabled loo is not completed yet. I was very surprised as it is a new pub. We tried getting in to the gents but my wheelchair wouldn’t fit through the 2nd doorway so I had to pee between the 1st door and 2nd door consequently it was a struggle to toilet me. They said the disabled toilet will be completed within 5 days.
20th March 2008, I went back into Fusion Bar with Craig Cooper and Nicola Stainforth. We asked the Manager, is the disabled toilet ready yet? He said, the plumber is coming tomorrow to plumb in the toilet.
18th April 2008 Craig Cooper and I went back in. We assumed the toilet will be ready but no. The toilet was plumbed in but the water for the sink wasn’t working!
24th May 2008, I went in Fusion with my mate Chris Bailey. We had a meal, very nice. We went to the disabled toilet. I thought it must have been done as no signs saying out of order. So bailey opened the door and the loo was full of junk like tins of paint, drills, wood so bailey started throwing it out to make a space for my wheelchair. Then the bouncers throw bailey out for taking the junk out of the toilet. In the mean time I went in to the toilet as I was busting to go, then the bouncer told me to get out but I wasn’t going until I have been to the toilet. The bouncers shut the door and they went to bring bailey back in to help me. After finishing on the toilet, we tried washing our hands but no water and the sink was hanging off the wall. I went back in the pub; the bouncer tried pushing me out. I said I'm not going anywhere until I had my pint and I would like to see the manager. The manager said the same old story; it will be completed this week. I said 3 months ago you said that so I’ll see you in court soon.

Attachments:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 10 months ago #3017 by
Replied by on topic Re:Disabled toilets
Im lost for words...and very angry for you Karl .....Wouldnt it be nice to have a site for ....You Should Be Ashamed...where we could name and shame all the Divs...Including this bar...people who park in blue badge bays ......We could take their photo.......A SHAME On YOU SITE xxxxx;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 10 months ago #3018 by
Replied by on topic Re:Disabled toilets
Write to your local paper. The Bar is certainly breaking the law, but we disabled individuals can't do much, but even a small local rag can.

Moderators: Karl
Time to create page: 0.454 seconds