logolong

The end of real talanted Music Artists

More
6 years 5 months ago #66492 by BUBBADOG14
I watched a beautiful documentary written and produced by the late George Michael not long before he passed last night and something he said stayed with me all night and I felt I needed to do a thread on it on this forum. He said '"Once Prince, David Bowie, Madonna and myself are gone there won't be many 'real' music artists left". I have to agree with him as there are a small handful of real musicians who write, produce and play there own instruments left now, even less who put on a real show live. I want to start a debate on your favourite musicians a live or dead who you think are/where 'Great' musicians and why!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #66501 by BUBBADOG14
Here's George Michael being 'Amazing'!!

More
6 years 5 months ago #66505 by Joelyb65
I'm heavily into Asian Pop music and there are MANY extremely talented artists, many of whom are multi talented and are singers, musicians and actors!
Jay Chou ( you might remember him as 'Kato' in The Green Hornet movie and he was in The Curse of the Golden Flower with Chow Yun Fat as the 2nd son) writes his own songs and music, plays about 12 different instruments, has his own recording company and is an actor and martial artist!
Not bad for a boy who didn't do well at school and failed his college entrance exams!?
Here in Australia, Asian artists have a huge following, especially Korean artists, and there is a music TV show called SBS Pop Asia which showcases Asian artists and their music!
I watch a lot of concerts on You Tube and I can honestly say that Asian artists put on the best concerts I've ever seen!

More
6 years 5 months ago #66507 by BUBBADOG14
I must admit I have never seen or heard of any Asian Pop or seen any singers so will have to check some out! You should add a video to here so we can experience one of them Joel!

More
6 years 5 months ago #66512 by Joelyb65
If I can work out how to download a video then upload it here, I will, you can count on it, otherwise you can just go to Youtube, there's plenty there to choose from! :)

More
6 years 5 months ago #66513 by GhostofHiro
Taste is subjective. I'm currently listening to "Of Montreal". I'd agree with the late George Micheal that talented "mainstream" artists are going away, but he was a part of the early years of MTV, which contributed the most to commercializing looks over ability, shallowness over purpose, consumerism over art and true human expression. To the contrary, there's such a vast array of talented indie artists that you'll never be able to discover them all.

Moderators: Karl
Time to create page: 0.400 seconds