logolong

When is the right time to get another pet?

More
11 years 2 months ago #46811 by BUBBADOG14
As many of you know my beautiful Bubba passed away last June, it broke my husband & my heart and has taken a long time to mourn. We said we would never get another cat and made a pact! But since we returned from our Christmas holiday I have been lonely in the house all day, the house was always buzzing when Bubba was around and it's amazing how you can have long conversations with a pet! I have found myself talking to myself some days! (Yes I know 1st sign of madness!!) So I had a long chat with my husband and brought up getting a new cat, he said if we did get another cat we would have to have 2! That's fine with me!! We haven't decided when this will happen, as far as I'm concerened the sooner the better, so watch this space for updates!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #46891 by tessa
Dear BUBBA, I knew it! I knew soner or later you would have gotten another cat, actually 2 as I read (which is a fantastic idea 'cause they will keep each other company! By the way, I have 2 as well!!) I'm saying I knew it 'cause what you wrote when Bubba passed away - no more pets for us, thanks, too much sorrow when they pass away - is very common, given the circumstances. But pets in general, dogs, cats, horses, any animal really, are very therapeutical, their company can only do one's good. So I'm very, very happy your husband and you realized the importance of animals in our lives. Keep us posted! Cheers, Tessa
The following user(s) said Thank You: BUBBADOG14

More
11 years 2 months ago #46895 by BUBBADOG14
My husband & I went to a R.S.P.C.A centre yesterday to look at 2 kittens a brother and sister. We fell in love with them and are now waiting for a call to say our paperwork checks out and we can go and collect them tomorrow. We are so happy to know our house will be blessed with 2 little ones soon. Since Bubba passed our hearts have had huge holes in them and we felt we would be forgetting him but we know now he will never be forgotten we have loads of memories of him and photo's. And we have so much love to give to another cat or two. So now we are giving 2 kittens who had been dumped in a box to die a new life that will be full of love.

More
11 years 2 months ago #46921 by Josie
I have a mama cat who is about to have kittens. I also have a dog. She is a border collie/ lab mix. She was a craigslist puppy and went through about 4 different homes before she met me. She's a good dog...just clingy....as in cling wrap could take a lesson. Shrugs. I have a heart for the unwanted pets though. It's funny how that works. I think you getting more kittens is a great idea. They each have their own personality and it may take some time to "bond" but that's ok. If you ever need any pet advice, feel free.

More
11 years 2 months ago #46940 by Jana
I'm so glad you are getting the 2 kitties! It will be good for you and for them! I lost my dog about 10 years ago and really don't want to take on the whole house training thing again. I cannot have cats, as I am deathly allergic to them. If I weren't I would have definitely adopted one. My oldest daughter has a pair of cats (she has her own apartment), and they are adorable. I treat them like my "grand kitties" and knit them little wool mouse toys and grow catnip for them. They are very spoiled! They are great therapy for my daughter who is a university student and struggles with an anxiety and ocd. I'm sure that at some point I will have to have something living to keep me company. At this point, I only have a few plants! lol

More
11 years 2 months ago #46946 by Grandma7
My daughter bought us a cat in December, out of the blue. It is the best thing she has done. Tiptoe is so funny and so naughty, that we wouldn't be without her. She has made our new house into a home. I hope that you soon get your two cats. As a matter of fact, I would like another one too, preferably a rescued one.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.412 seconds