logolong

Poland syndrome here,, anyone else?

More
9 years 1 month ago #56993 by Candelaria0926
I was born with a rare birth defect called Poland syndrome. I didn't even know the name of it until I was 23 and not even doctors gave me any kind of information on it. Once I knew about it I was able to research it more. Apparently, it occurs in 1 in every 100,000. It causes the absence of an pectoral muscle either the right or left. Mainly it is affected on the right, but I had to be even more rare and have it affect my left side, lol. Also, it can cause arm/hand abnormalities. In my case not only am I missing my left pectoral muscle, but also abnormal rib cage (left side slightly more out that right), missing hand and other minor issues. Not many have it as severe as I do and then some do. I was never happy with why I was born like this and took me sometime to finally accept who I am. I am not at 100 yet but I'm working on getting there! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #57011 by BUBBADOG14
I have never heard of Poland Syndrome but thanks to you I will learn about it! You are still a very beautiful young woman. And welcome to AbleHere.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Candelaria0926

More
6 years 6 months ago #66328 by Ickersmog
Hi i was also born with Poland Syndrome. i got hit with the rarest of kinds that my lung right chest right arm and even got cancer when i was born not going to lie its been a really hard journey with this syndrome and finding doctors that are willing to help is the hardest part. I had 27 operation to help fix my right arm so i could even use it over 9 of them failed and resulted in crazy amounts of pain. i Pushed through it and at the age of 7 i was able to use my right arm for the first time. if you ever want to talk plz hit me up. Been through a lot and i came out more positive then most.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.374 seconds