logolong

Social services funding

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 11 months ago #2850 by
Replied by on topic Re:Social services funding
Does anyone get a response saying \"no you can't have it\" or is it just a waiting game?

PS forgot to check the box to tell me if people replied.:whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #3076 by suzan
Replied by suzan on topic Re:Social services funding
today in the hospital transport a fellow passenger was complaining that she was having big problems getting sorted by the local socserv dept.......she is a pensioner with rhumatiod and osteo arthritis, and awaiting a spine op, she is in much pain, her hubby is older than she and starting to be forgetful, he has severe mobility problems......the socserv have put in a wind up hoist bath for access to the bath....she can no longer manage to use this for her husband..........she requested a walkin shower, and has been refused!!.....she called them 2weeks ago, to continue her request, her ot was on holiday, the person answering the phone told her..\"oh your file says you are likely to shout and make a fuss, and you are able to stand up to wash at the sink!!\"

this lady was really worried that she is going to have a serious accident, and she can no longer get in her bath herself.
they have no carer, having been told that she can look after her husband.

i do hope that she looks for support in her claim for help.

its not right that, on top of everything else, someone in this situation should have to tackle beaurocratic twoddle by themselves.

a week to an ablebodied person can be no time at all, but when you need assistance, a week, or even a day can feel like a lifetime

xx suzan xx

More
15 years 11 months ago #3078 by ducky
Replied by ducky on topic Re:Social services funding
I was told by the coucle that a shower came under the health and safty act some think to do with hygien .so they had to but in new one for me as it was broken..... is that correct MBarryT

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 11 months ago #3106 by
Replied by on topic Re:Social services funding
I don't get to know the rules that councils apply & they seem to vary from place to place & time to time. It would be a great help to me if rules were clear & consistent!

I suspect that if this lady could get to speak to the OT in person & explain in detail that her situation has changed, & what effect it is having on her, she may get a better reaction.

I'm aware that OT's are in short supply & that waiting a couple of weeks to talk to them is important, but in this case it would realistically take a few weeks in building/plumbing time to put a shower in.

The person who answered the phone (& the one who wrote the client's records)doesn't seem to have been behaving in a professional manner, to say the least!

I need to add that these are my personal views & I can't claim to represent the NHS or my employing trust.

More
13 years 8 months ago #30983 by cakefairy
hi, just might help;
if this means you cannot leave your house, phone your local fire officer and ask for a free home safety check.
worked for me my front door was altered next day,
let me know, good luck.
cakefairy. x

Time to create page: 0.378 seconds