logolong

employment guidance in gp clinics

More
15 years 11 months ago #2450 by suzan
my gp surgery is a large multidoctored affair, all most like a mini hosp !!

recently, i was told that there is a government sponsored group there (cant remember their title) on a thursday, who are there to look at possible routes into employment for anyone who is unemployed/or sick.....consulting this group is optional.

has anyone else come acrooss this in their gps surgery??

xx suzan xx<br><br>Post edited by: suzan, at: 2008/05/03 17:48

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #2451 by NaomiB
Hi Suzan

I havnt heard of this going on in a doctors office. but there is agenies out there for people with disabalites who are wanting to get out to work or get back to work after being off for sometime. The likes of disabiality action in Belfast and Ulster supported employment are two of the top employers here in Northern ireland. I would defo ask your doctor again for mre info on what he/she said. Ask them to write it down for you to if you cant remember, if your anythink like me, what the doc says to you you will forget by the time you walk out of there office !!

More
15 years 11 months ago #2452 by suzan
thank you naombe :)

i am not in a position to be seeking employment at the moment, sorry if this wasnt clear above.

i was just surprised when the gp told me this....she told me as part of a wider discussion we were having.

i will seek clarification on wot the group is, and let you know.

xx suzan xx

More
15 years 11 months ago #2453 by NaomiB
cool thanks (no worries) :)

More
15 years 9 months ago #5683 by robert
Yes it is called the GP welfare to work, it will be even worse after October this year when we all become a target at the moment we can refuse after October you cannot refuse. life is great:angry:

More
15 years 8 months ago #5685 by suzan
there is much reorganisation going on at the moment...wot with changes in routes backto employment...funding...and the introduction of these GP polyclinics, that are being set up around the country.

this will affect our community very much....and possible be a very confusing time for clients/patients/service providers alike.

how are we to keep on top of these changes?

:unsure: :angry:

Moderators: NaomiB
Time to create page: 0.410 seconds