logolong

Employment Support Whilst in Employment

More
15 years 10 months ago #2716 by NaomiB
Yesterday I had a visit from mmy Occouptaional Health dept in work. She came down to see if she could give me any tools to make my work a little easier for me to do my job.She looked at my work station closley.

Im getting a new Mouse, this one is shapped like a spaceship !!! Im going to try two new ones, the both dont involve any wrist movement at all, all the movement is from the fingers. Im also getting a new keyboard, you know the ones that are almost round and the keys are seperated in to sections.

Hopeflly I will get these in a few weeks fingers crossed.

So folks there is help out there. Ive found if you dont ask you dont get, so I asked, AND IM GETTING !!!!

each employer will have different guidelines but all of them would want you to stay in employment and keep you working. One thing that the Occuptaional health lady said was that she didnt want me to be doing any filing . . our files are very tightly together, and trying to get one out of hundreds takes alot of movement and power to pull the file out . . . so its not that easy for me to do that sideof my job.

I also have an adopted office seat, its great, couldnt do without it. All this is paid for my my empoloyer, I bet somethimes they wish I wasnt there, hahah I cost them so much £££££££££££$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Naomi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #2717 by quadman
Sound like you are receiving some very good equipment for the computer... Take Care :-)
Rodney

More
15 years 10 months ago #2718 by NaomiB
Hi Rod

Indeed I am, I hope everyone else gets or trys to get benefits in work to assist them to do there job better. I know that this new equipment is going to make my job easier to do and prob end up being quicker at it to.

You take Care to

Naomi

More
15 years 10 months ago #2730 by suzan
NaomiB wrote:

....... All this is paid for my my empoloyer, I bet somethimes they wish I wasnt there, hahah I cost them so much £££££££££££$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Naomi

its great that you are getting so much help Naombi....:)

wot support is there for employers ??

is there any financial help available to help them provide these ability-aids for those that need them ?

xx suzan xx

More
15 years 10 months ago #2733 by NaomiB
Hey Suzan

With employers, it would have to come out of there own budget. Im my case it comes from the goverement, as im a civil servant, its the bigger employer that is paying for the aids. (Thanks Gordon) !! PM :)

Someone was telling me today that a woman who was employed went on a holiday, and while she was away a speedboat hit her. As the result, she was left paralysed. Her employer gracefully told her that she cannot do the job that she did before her accident, and in other words paid her off. She took them to court and got £19,000 in companision. Takes you to be on your guard with employers ive learnt, learnt the hardway at first mind you, now, im faily well up on my rights.

Thanks for your message :)

More
14 years 2 months ago #29439 by WorkplaceDisabilityAdjust
Hi,
Your employer can seek funding support from the Department of Works & pensions to pay for reasonable adjustments in the workplace.
I can help further if you wish.
Adam.

Moderators: NaomiB
Time to create page: 0.392 seconds