logolong

Health Assessment

More
7 years 8 months ago #62737 by CuteSarah
Health Assessment was created by CuteSarah
Hi

Yesterday i went for a health assessment to see if i still need benefits. I was born with Scoliosis and Spina Bifida Occulta which are life long conditions so i will always be affected by them. Has anyone else been for a health assessment?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #62758 by ladyship
Replied by ladyship on topic Health Assessment
I'm guessing this is to do with DWP? Yeah they are cracking down on everyone. They want to make sure you have not magically "got better".

i know, what about "progressive" and incurable do they NOT understand?? Same here with MS.

More
7 years 8 months ago #62759 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Health Assessment
I was sent for an assessment for what was then Disability Living Allowance, that was many years in Birmingham (5 ways Centre) ago around the beginning of 2001 and they made me feel like I was putting it on. I was turned down after that assessment and when I did the appeal the hospital I was under and my G.P sent them letters and they gave it me after that and have given it me for life now. So if you get turned down if you have a good relationship with your Consultants and G.P I was get them to send letters explaining what your medication your on and ask them to explain your quality of live and your illness and how it effects you pain wise. I can understand why they have to do it but because they are able bodied people in suits who haven't a scoody doo about what it's like to live with an illness and pain they are just going on their training. Hope it comes back positive for you, but if you need any help just say so on here and if we have been through it and can help you we can.

More
7 years 7 months ago #62813 by gixster
Replied by gixster on topic Health Assessment
Hi all just been for my pip assessment i have Scoliosis from birth along with other spinal and nerv damage which means i have to spend a lot of time lying down and have mobility problems not had results yet but this is the fourth time ive had to go it puts me in such a state when this comes up im so sick of this im only getting worse not better so cant understand there thinking still hope ill have news soon and will let you all know the person who i had the interview with made me feel like crap i know there only doing there job but the hole thing is unpleasent

More
7 years 7 months ago #62814 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Health Assessment
I know where your coming from, I've had to fight for my 'Disability allowance' before it has taken 3 goes but after the last turning down I got my G.P & Consultants involved and they did me letters that when I applied for the 3rd time I enclosed with the forms and then I was excepted and got it for life! Even now with the change over when I had to fill the forms in again I was on edge till I got the letter with the results in and I've still got it for life. Also one of my things I do is photocopy all the forms I have filled in so I have a record for in the future if I need to fill in the future.
I will keep my fingers crossed for you, let us know how you get on and I'm sure we will all support you if you need any assistance.

More
7 years 7 months ago #62816 by gixster
Replied by gixster on topic Health Assessment
hi thks for reply when i was on dla mine was also for life but that makes no difference you still have to reapply when you are asked to change over to pip dont know how you can be given it for life and then it just changes when pip comes along ill keep you posted on the result fingers crossed

Time to create page: 0.451 seconds