logolong

do people still look at you crazy just because of

More
8 years 1 week ago #61753 by Tigerrascal
I had my disfigument from 9 month old. When I was a kid I use to think I can't wait and grow up Cuz adults won't stare. Well guess what I was wrong . sometimes the adults are worse then the kids.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #61757 by Karl
I get this all the time and even more when I am alone driving my chair.. Because of my cerebral palsy I don't have much control over my limbs so my legs do a dance alot and i sit on my right arm to keep it under control and my left arm controls my chair.

I don't look at people faces anymore while i am driving.

More
8 years 6 days ago #61758 by BUBBADOG14
Your right about adults being the worse! I think kids are interested what happened but they don't stare like adults do. My friends are great because they know the real me, they keep telling me 'I'm not ugly, I'm still beautiful' I don't agree! They keep telling me off for being so negative and threaten to 'clock me!' if I keep up the negativity!! So I just beat myself down when I'm alone!!

And Karl (Boss)! You are one of the most amazing people I know, don't hide yourself, and if you do, I will find you and I will 'clock you!' (copied some of it from 'Taken' got to love Liam Neelson!

More
8 years 6 days ago #61762 by Tigerrascal
I have everyone I meet tell me the same once they get to know me but growing up I got tease and left out a lot. My self esteem is real low and I don't believe people when they say I'm not ugly. That is part of the reason I don't put my picture up . the other part I like my privacy. I'm trying to work on self esteem but it's hard when the public look at me in that way. The doctors did what they could. They can't go any further cuz the insurance company says it's now cosmetic and they won't cover anything. So now I got to live with it and sometimes it's real hard. It was even harder when I got to the dating age. I guess it's something I'll never get over. I'll never feel good about my looks.

More
8 years 6 days ago #61767 by Karl

BUBBADOG14 wrote: And Karl (Boss)! You are one of the most amazing people I know, don't hide yourself, and if you do, I will find you and I will 'clock you!' (copied some of it from 'Taken' got to love Liam Neelson!

I said I don't look at people faces but I don't hide from them! If I don't look at their faces I can drive my chair better. Maybe give them a smile if they walk pass me. depends on the person.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.415 seconds