logolong

My Disability story

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #64162 by BUBBADOG14
I decided to start this post after something was mentioned to me and I thought maybe if my disability story was told maybe members will know me better? So I will tell mine and hopefully other members will tell theirs, so here goes:-

BUBBADOG14'S STORY

I wasn't born with my disability it kind of grew with me! Problems became aware when my legs started giving way at age 11, my mom called me clumsy and after one fall I couldn't weight bare on my right leg so was taken to hospital and given x-ray which the Dr said he saw a fracture line in my right knee cap so was given a plaster cast and told to rest. After that I my legs still kept giving way and I was stopped from doing P.E right through school.

When I started work at 17yrs old I still kept getting pains in my right knee and my ankles kept swelling up now and again, I put it down to be on my feet all day as I was a trainee negotiator at an Estate Agents. And after yet another fall from my legs giving way where I hurt my back as well I ended up in hospital with a broken coccyx and was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and was put on pain blockers. It wasn't till I was 22yrs old and I had a new job and had 2 falls in one day and ended up in hospital yet again and the consultant asked my history of falls and looked back and saw a pattern the question was asked about Arthritis also after 6 weeks off work I was fired from my job by letter!! It wasn't till I had yet another fall a few years after that I was sent for a bone density scan which showed the extent of my Osteoporosis. The shock of being in my 20's with the bones of an 80yr old took hold and literally 6mnths after that I had my 1st fit and finding out on top of the Osteoporosis I had Epilepsy wasn't good for me. I became withdrawn wasn't my old self, over a few years put on a lot of weight which didn't help my joints. It wasn't till a good 5yrs later that I found AbleHere and Karl which has helped me immensely, I've lost a good 4 stone made a lot of good friends (and Sandie who is my best friend and partner in naughtiness!) and now help Karl on this site, AbleHere has saved my life.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by BUBBADOG14.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.319 seconds