logolong

art

More
8 years 5 months ago #60119 by riversidemarie
Replied by riversidemarie on topic art
I use music when my pain is bad. I use it to take me to a different level. Sort of above the pain. Usually classical. I concentrate on the strings, percussion etc. and by doing this tune out of the pain. I suppose it is a bit like meditation. It's very useful at night when the silence and dark seem to amplify pain. I guess any genre would work. Does not always work and takes practise and concentration but can be a useful tool. Also swearing helps, I swear. The air is blue. I actually tell the pain to go away but rather more succintly. The initial letter should be a consanant- a hard one. Not recommended for those with partners or children!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #60128 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic art
I love music! I have different songs for different moods. I can't even think how many tracks tracks I have on my Amazon music player and I have 2 cupboards full and I mean full of C.D's!! Anything from Elton John to Black eyed pea's!!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 5 months ago #60134 by
Replied by on topic art

riversidemarie wrote: I use music when my pain is bad. I use it to take me to a different level. Sort of above the pain. Usually classical. I concentrate on the strings, percussion etc. and by doing this tune out of the pain. I suppose it is a bit like meditation. It's very useful at night when the silence and dark seem to amplify pain. I guess any genre would work. Does not always work and takes practise and concentration but can be a useful tool. Also swearing helps, I swear. The air is blue. I actually tell the pain to go away but rather more succintly. The initial letter should be a consanant- a hard one. Not recommended for those with partners or children!

very much agree. music is the best medicine n classical is best for soothing pain :)

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #63364 by Timetrvlr
Replied by Timetrvlr on topic art

We really enjoy Southwestern Indian art. This is my favorite piece purchased at the Navajo Friendship Center on The Navajo Reservation in Arizona. This piece is not of Navajo origin but rather from the Laguna Pueblo in New Mexico.
The first photo shows a depiction of the Kokopelli, a very popular icon of all the Southwestern Indian tribes. Kokopelli is called the water-bearer, he makes the rains come, also a fertility symbol. These tribes all live in arid landscapes so summer rains are very important to them in raising corn, beans and squash. The opposite side of the pot depicts the popular Corn Priest, also very important to all these people as he is also said to bring rain. This pot is made with the traditional coil and scrape method whereby a coil of clay is continuously added to build up the pot then scraped smooth. Now, many potters are turning to potters wheels which is easier and faster. The the pot is fired in a dried manure fire until it is uniformly black. (I don't know how the red band at the top is done.) Afterward the surface is excised to reveal only the black designs shown.
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Timetrvlr.

More
7 years 6 months ago #63367 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic art
You see the rectangle box on the bottom that the word 'Attachments' is next to it. You press 'add file' choose your photo click that and submit and it should come up. If not it's better explained in the user guide that you see in the blue box.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Timetrvlr

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #63410 by Timetrvlr
Replied by Timetrvlr on topic art

On the left is a carved contemporary Navajo kachina call a Sunface. The carving is crafted from cottonwood root, Kachinas are used to teach children Navajo culture and beliefs and as a visual reminder of tribal culture.

On the left is a glazed tile of the style common to the B.C. Haida and north coast natives. It is a depiction what we would call a Killer Whale pursuing its dinner of fat salmon. Quite an action scene don't you think? :) Most north coast art is centered around animals.
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Timetrvlr. Reason: trying to add photo

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.427 seconds