logolong

Facebook

More
16 years 7 months ago #719 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Re:Facebook
This is interesting, you dont want to sign up to face book. May I ask why did you signup to AbleHere website?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #724 by Mystery-Man
Replied by Mystery-Man on topic Re:Facebook
Because nearly everyone says I am \"disabled\", and I AM receiving benefits from the U.S. government for disability benefits, but nobody says I have a face. Besides, I haven't received one single spam because of having ablehere membership yet. Please don't get me wrong. I have nothing against FaceBook. I think they do service a meaningful purpose, however, I prefer not to join them because I don't think I'd be benefit by being one of their member, and because of the inevitable spam and even possible viruses and spywares.

More
16 years 7 months ago #728 by Karl
Yes one of the great things about AbleHere.com is the members cant easily send spam. If the users try sending spam I will ban them

More
16 years 7 months ago #734 by Mystery-Man
Replied by Mystery-Man on topic Re:Facebook
Good. I am glad to hear that. Thanks Karl.

More
16 years 6 months ago #1387 by Scott_1984
Replied by Scott_1984 on topic Re:Facebook
Karl wrote:

I think facebook is good for finding old friends.

Karl isn't Friends Reunited better for finding old Friends?.

I thought Facebook was more of an socializing website & not for finding old friends, maybe I am wrong.

www.friendsreunited.co.uk

Who Are Friends Reunited?: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friends_reunited

Friends Reunited is a portfolio of social networking websites based upon the themes of reunion with former friends, family-history research, dating and job-hunting.

Each site works on the principle of user-generated content by which registered users are able to post information about themselves that can be searched by others.

People can contact each other via a double-blind email system, but only after paying a subscription.

The main Friends Reunited site is concerned with reuniting people who have in common a school, university, address, workplace, sports club or armed service; the sister-site Genes Reunited enables members to pool their family trees and identify common ancestors; the Dating and Jobs sister-sites link members with similar attributes, interests and/or locations.

The website claims 18 million registered users, which it believes equates to \"about half of all UK households with internet access\"[1].

Friends Reunited branding has been attached to CD collections of nostalgic popular music, and television programmes broadcast on the ITV network, which owns the site.

A book of members' stories was published in 2003 by Virgin Books.

More
16 years 6 months ago #1400 by Karl
Facebook is miles better then friendreunited.

Facebook is free.. I have found loads of old mates on facebook. Very powerful website.

Karl

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.431 seconds