logolong

Discrimination against able bodied people?

More
16 years 5 months ago #1808 by Karl
I went into Burger King a few days ago. I noticed it only had one toilet. It was a disabled toilet with a radar key. Able bodied peeople had to go up to the counter and asked for the key for the toilet.

I was thinking, is this Discrimination against able bodied people?

If only one toilet, should it be called a uni-sex toilet and not a disabled toilet?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 5 months ago #1811 by suzan
:) .......or RADAR access WC.............:)

positive discrimination for disabled people, out in the public domain.

.........did they add - sorry for the inconvenience???...:lol:

:P xx suzan xx :P

More
16 years 5 months ago #1812 by Scott_1984
Was it a small Burger King?.

Its amazing that The Burger King couldn't afford more than 3 toliets, LOL :)

Scott :)

More
16 years 4 months ago #1899 by Karl
It was a huge burger king!

Able bodied people should sue them :P

More
16 years 4 months ago #1921 by Christine
There is a Burger King in Manchester where I live and it is the same there-a disabled toilet downstairs-just one-which able bodied pple use as well but all the other toilets are upstairs and there are alot of stairs to climb I can tell u!

More
16 years 4 months ago #1959 by Mystery-Man
Karl wrote:

I went into Burger King a few days ago. I noticed it only had one toilet. It was a disabled toilet with a radar key. Able bodied peeople had to go up to the counter and asked for the key for the toilet.

I was thinking, is this Discrimination against able bodied people?

If only one toilet, should it be called a uni-sex toilet and not a disabled toilet?

Hey, Karl, what is an \"uni-sex\" toilet?
According to google, uni is definied as follows:

Definitions of UNI on the Web:

Unique Name Identifier
earth-info.nga.mil/gns/html/terms.htm

university Unit : flat, apartment Up oneself : have a high opinion of oneself - \"he's really up himself\" Up somebody, get : to rebuke somebody - \"the boss got up me for being late\" Useful as an ashtray on a motorbike / tits on a bull : unhelpful or incompetent person or thing - \"he, she or it is ...
www.boomerangaustralia.com/intro/austral...australian_slang.php

The protocol defines connections between ATM end-stations and the ATM switch including signaling, cell structure, addressing, traffic management, and adaptation layers.
www22.verizon.com/wholesale/glossary/

the physical and electrical demarcation point between the user and the public network service provider.
www.e-ratecentral.com/resources/help/glossary/u.asp

noun:- contraction of university. US = college.
www.aussieslang.com/slang/aussie-slang-u.asp

Definition: An interface point between ATM end users and a private ATM switch, or between a private ATM switch and the public carrier ATM network; defined by physical and protocol specifications per ATM Forum UNI documents. ...
community.roxen.com/developers/idocs/rfc/rfc2761.html

The interface, defined as a set of protocols and traffic characteristics, between the CPE and the ATM network.
www.ex-designz.net/atm_glossary.asp

sea Urchin Roe
members.tripod.com/sushilovers/terms.html

UNI was a constructed language designed by Elisabeth Wainscott in 1973 as an international auxiliary language. The language seems to have never gained any sizable following and is almost entirely forgotten as of 2007.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UNI (language)

In Etruscan mythology, Uni was the supreme goddess of the . She was the patron goddess of Perugia as well. With her husband Tinia and Menrva, she was part of a powerful triumvirate. With Tinia, she was the mother of Hercle.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uni (mythology)

The word \"uni\" often means university here in Australia. So, does \"uni-sex toilet\" means a university toilet?
If the toilet is for both male and female, the shouldn't it be called \"bi-sexual toilet\"??? Maybe the toilet has an ambiguous sexual identity.
Please refer to:
www.hydroponicsearch.com/spelling/simple...ase-*/strategy-exact

Source: wn
bisexual adj 1: sexually attracted to both sexes [ant: {heterosexual}, {homosexual}] 2: having an ambiguous sexual identity [syn: {epicene}] n : a person who is sexually attracted to both sexes [syn: {bisexual person}]

Moderators: Karl
Time to create page: 0.403 seconds