logolong

Discrimination against able bodied people?

More
16 years 4 months ago #1969 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Re: unisex toilets
Unisex toilets are apparently the latest in \"office cool\", and are currently being tried out by city workers in London.
There are no urinals in these \"loo emporiums\", so men have to queue alongside their female colleagues. A new etiquette will be needed to combat rows about men leaving the seat up and women hogging the mirrors.

Some say spending a penny in a mixed environment will inject an air of camaraderie into the office, like in the US hit comedy Ally McBeal. But what do you make of it?

Does the idea of sharing your office toilets with the opposite sex fill you with dread, or do you think it would be good for office relations? Maybe your company has already installed a \"loo emporium\". Tell us what you think about communal conveniences.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 4 months ago #1980 by Mystery-Man
Replied by Mystery-Man on topic Re: unisex toilets
Karl wrote:

Unisex toilets are apparently the latest in \"office cool\", and are currently being tried out by city workers in London.
There are no urinals in these \"loo emporiums\", so men have to queue alongside their female colleagues. A new etiquette will be needed to combat rows about men leaving the seat up and women hogging the mirrors.

Some say spending a penny in a mixed environment will inject an air of camaraderie into the office, like in the US hit comedy Ally McBeal. But what do you make of it?

Does the idea of sharing your office toilets with the opposite sex fill you with dread, or do you think it would be good for office relations? Maybe your company has already installed a \"loo emporium\". Tell us what you think about communal conveniences.

Well, I don't watch much T.V., so I have no idea who Ally McBeal is, or which \"hit comedy\" he/she is in.
Personally, and I can only speak for myself, I would much rather hold it in and wait till I get home to relief myself. I don't even use the urinals in the men's public bathroom. I'd much prefer using the toilets, its a bit more private.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 11 months ago #2418 by
Replied by on topic Re: unisex toilets
Well....the situation is about to get worse and more dangerouse....
Loads of outlets are putting in the new Dyson style of hand-dryer......at last I hear you say....well not quite......The first thing you notice is massive amounts of water on the floor (At first I thought there must be a leak from the sink)....It appears that you put both wet hands into..The Blade section...all water falls to bottom of machine..It has nowhere else to go but on the floor..
The more it is used,the wetter the floor gets...great design...and lack of thought xxxxxx
Keep your eyes out and keep safe xxxxx

More
14 years 7 months ago #28153 by Deafblindwheeler
Replied by Deafblindwheeler on topic Re: unisex toilets
Ok this post got very interesting when I first read it, here it is funny how many able bodied people are too lazy to walk those extra few steps to their own toilet and here we are waiting outside to use the accessible ones!, I gave a business man the evils once for using the wheelchair usable toilet. I will laugh when you say it only had a wheelchair access toilet as that is quite frankly unusual!.

Moderators: Karl
Time to create page: 0.403 seconds