logolong

New Member... saying Hi

More
12 years 10 months ago #35979 by serene_butterfly86
Hi Everyone

My name is Rhiann, and 25 from Wales. I suffer with a neurological disorder, not very common though, which is a result of a injury at birth (or so the doctors think), I basically have what is called a long-standing brain stem lesion and spastic paraparesis. I suffer with severe 'attacks' of dizziness several times during the day, also have poor balance and the spastic paraparesis causes really bad stiffness and weakness in my legs so am in a lot of discomfort constantly and can not stand for very long.

As a result of my disability I am unable to leave the house without somebody else with me in case of an attack, and have recently started using a walking stick. Friends that I have made have now deserted me and no longer keep in touch so am beginning to feel increasingly lonely and isolated and have been looking for sites to make new friends and find some support and understanding.

Looking forward to 'meeting' users

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #35980 by poppy67
Replied by poppy67 on topic Re: New Member... saying Hi
Hi
Sorry to hear your long standing friends no longer make an effort with you it's often the way when your health worsens, I started using a stick about 8months ago. I'm quite a bit older than you so not sure how much in common but if you want to drop me a message feel free. Take care good luck with everything Zoe:)

More
12 years 10 months ago #35990 by BUBBADOG14
Hi Rihann, So nice to met you, I understand by what you mean old friends deserting you. It has happened to me. Soon as they realise I have illnesses causing disability it's like you get the old 'I'll call you' and you never hear back again! Well it's their loss and our gain!:) Able Here is great for meeting people with similar disabilites or just meeting new people with other disabilites. So I hope you enjoy Able Here as much as I, and meet alot of new friends.If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask and I will try and help you. BUBBADOG14, (Amanda).:)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #36000 by
Replied by on topic Re: New Member... saying Hi
Hello and a very warm welcome ....hope you enjoy your moments here xxxx ;)

More
12 years 10 months ago #36016 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Re: New Member... saying Hi
Hi Welcome to Able Here!

You will meet some new friends here!

Karl

More
12 years 10 months ago #36017 by serene_butterfly86
Thank you all for your warm welcome :)

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.401 seconds