logolong

Any Quad's or Para's Out there?

More
16 years 6 months ago #737 by Mystery-Man
Hello Simon. Welcome to AbleHere. No, I am not a quad or a para, however, you should not have much trouble finding some here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 6 months ago #741 by skipper
I've been a C5 quad since 1977 due to a car/motorcycle crash. I'm also an ABK amputee. Welcome aboard, Simon!

More
16 years 6 months ago #1219 by Scott_1984
DAEMONICUSMEDICUS wrote:

Hello Simon. Welcome to AbleHere. No, I am not a quad or a para, however, you should not have much trouble finding some here.

Hello Simon :)

Welcome to Ablehere - www.Ablehere.Com :)

I am too Not a Quadriplegic or Paraplegic, but I agree with: DAEMONICUSMEDICUS, you should not have much trouble finding some here.

I thought I'd add an article for some Paraplegic suffers, whom might be suffering from: Carpal Instability (Midcarpal Instability/Wrist Instability):

Carpal Instability in the Weight-Bearing Upper Extremity

The prevalence of carpal instability in a paraplegic population was investigated to establish an association between chronic repetitive stress on the wrist and the development of such instability.

Nine of 162 paraplegic patients had static carpal instability and no history of an acute injury of the wrist.

The predominant pattern of instability, found in eleven wrists (six patients), was non-dissociative volar intercalated segmental instability.

The prevalence of carpal instability increased with the duration of weight-bearing on the upper extremity.

Eighteen per cent of the patients in whom the spinal cord injury had occurred more than twenty years before the study had carpal instability.

Carpal instability in these weight-bearing upper extremities and the increase in its prevalence with the duration of the forces across the wrist demonstrate an association between chronic repetitive stress on the wrist and carpal instability.

In conclusion, the present study of a paraplegic population demonstrated an association between carpal instability and chronic repetitive stress on the wrist.

Static carpal instability was found in 6 per cent of our entire study population and in 18 per cent of the patients who had had the spinal cord injury for more than twenty years.

This increase in the prevalence with the duration
of stress on the wrist suggests chronic repetitive stress as an etiology of carpal instability.

The predominant pattern of carpal instability was non-dissociative volar intercalated segmental instability.<br><br>Post edited by: Scott_1984, at: 2007/10/28 08:23

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.374 seconds