logolong

Lots of us...

More
16 years 6 months ago #760 by Mystery-Man
Replied by Mystery-Man on topic Re:Lots of us...
Hey, Karl. I think it only proofs that 82% of men in the U.S. are stupid, and I WAS one of them, though I never really had a spinal cord injury or spinal cord dysfunction. However, that's just another reason I wanted to immigrate to another country. I don't want to be identified as one of these dummies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 6 months ago #773 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Re:Lots of us...
When I am driving in my wheelchair outside I always have it on top speed. At 5 mph I can even cause some damage.

So, is it natural to go fast?

More
16 years 6 months ago #774 by suzan
Replied by suzan on topic Re:Lots of us...
ive never had a motorized or self propelling chair.
when i did have a chair, i needed someone to help me get around, and i never went outside in bad weather.

how do they cope on ice???? are the tyres designed to grip???

xx suzan xx :)

More
16 years 6 months ago #1220 by Scott_1984
Replied by Scott_1984 on topic Re:Lots of us...
Welcome bulldawg to Ablehere :)

I thought I'd add an article for some Paraplegic suffers, whom might be suffering from: Carpal Instability (Midcarpal Instability/Wrist Instability):

Carpal Instability in the Weight-Bearing Upper Extremity

The prevalence of carpal instability in a paraplegic population was investigated to establish an association between chronic repetitive stress on the wrist and the development of such instability.

Nine of 162 paraplegic patients had static carpal instability and no history of an acute injury of the wrist.

The predominant pattern of instability, found in eleven wrists (six patients), was non-dissociative volar intercalated segmental instability.

The prevalence of carpal instability increased with the duration of weight-bearing on the upper extremity.

Eighteen per cent of the patients in whom the spinal cord injury had occurred more than twenty years before the study had carpal instability.

Carpal instability in these weight-bearing upper extremities and the increase in its prevalence with the duration of the forces across the wrist demonstrate an association between chronic repetitive stress on the wrist and carpal instability.

In conclusion, the present study of a paraplegic population demonstrated an association between carpal instability and chronic repetitive stress on the wrist.

Static carpal instability was found in 6 per cent of our entire study population and in 18 per cent of the patients who had had the spinal cord injury for more than twenty years.

This increase in the prevalence with the duration
of stress on the wrist suggests chronic repetitive stress as an etiology of carpal instability.

The predominant pattern of carpal instability was non-dissociative volar intercalated segmental instability.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.406 seconds