logolong

Newbie in need of understanding friends.

More
8 years 1 month ago #61337 by SimplyRed8
Hi All, I'm new. I broke my leg in 3 places 2 years ago. I've had two surgeries. Apparently I have some sort of nerve damage. I can't walk and went from a really active 38 year old to someone who can barely walk to the kitchen. I guess I came here looking for people who can relate. This was an on the job injury so on top of hurting ALL the time, I have to fight the company, the insurance carrier, and the company doctors. It's all a bit much. My friends try to be empathetic but I thought perhaps people here would really understand and offer some words of wisdom? So that's me. LOL For now anyway...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #61342 by Will
Hey Red, that sounds like a very unpleasant injury! losing your mobility is a very bad thing - I know. Stay with it on Ablehere, you may find others who can relate to your situation, I do, but many others probably will too! Good to hear from you, and good fortune in the future! Welcome!
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Will.

More
8 years 1 month ago #61346 by BUBBADOG14
Hi Red, I have terrible Mobility due to Osteoporosis in both legs, I have had 5 falls now in 6 months and had a terrible accident just 2 weeks ago by my left knee locking up and ended up in hospital needing surgery. So I can relate some what. I have to use a walker to get about the house. I'm 43yrs old and feel like an 80yr old!! If you ever want to talk I'm here.

More
8 years 1 month ago #61363 by davida55
hi Red, para from Australia. been in a chair for over 30 yrs. lack of mobility is a huge issue, not only just to get around your own home but the wider community...keep chin up...

More
8 years 1 month ago #61365 by bilthepoet11717
I was an Easter seal poster child in Florida n a swimmer n a soccer player in Maryland I do poetry at poetry.com please search for poems n type in bilthepoet also on interpals.net see wall n profile on poetrysoup.com
name is William herzog

More
8 years 1 month ago #61374 by MR-EGG-HEAD
Dear Red First and Foremost- Here,s hoping you get better. Is that possible do you think. Some injuries take a long time to heal . Muscles tendons and nerves can take longer than bones. Treat your leg kindly and keep trying remedies of any sort ( creams, oils herbs magnets massage etc etc) dont give up,!! ... I,d love to know what your job is? It sounds pretty exciting ??

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.391 seconds