logolong

The boat of doom at Egypt

More
11 years 3 months ago #46337 by Karl
The boat of doom at Egypt 2012

We went on a boat trip, we got up at 6.30 (far too early) to go on the boat trip of doom. They carried me over the sea to put me in the boat as there was a big gap between the boat and the pathway, this was scary seeing the sea under me and watching the skinny Egyptian men lifting me on to the boat. At one point I actually thought I was going to fall in the sea as I could feel myself sliding out of my chair so I braced myself so much the armrest side panel popped out. They managed to put me on the boat, Craig decided to lay me on the front of the boat.

Attachment forumb1.jpg not found

It was very nice and relaxing in the sun, while laying down with the music on. After 30 minutes people were starting to leave, as it was getting too hot. 30 minutes later everyone left me, to be fair they did ask me if I wanted to go inside but I said no, as I wanted the boat to stop first as I thought it would be safer and I knew the boat would be stopping soon to let the divers get off. 20mins later I was cooking and melting away so I shouted I am too hot! Steve heard me so Craig and Steve carried my hot cooked body (without any oven gloves on) to the back of the boat and put me in my chair. We went inside the boat to stop me from cooking and I drank nearly a litre of water. The sea was becoming choppy, Nikki and Caroline were feeling seasick, and I wasn’t feeling too good myself.

We stopped to let the divers off, Bailey, Nikki and Caroline went outside to watch them, I was happy inside relaxing and cooling off. Suddenly the boat started to rock to the left, at this point Caroline was coming back in, she fell on the table, my chair went on the back wheels and the handles hit the window, basically I was pulling a wheelie on the boat but I thought I would be ok as I assume the chair would go back on the 4 wheels when it rocks to the right but no as the boat nearly went on its side, I went flying across the air, I was going to hit a corner of the table with my head so I managed to steer away from the table while flying thru the air by leaning to the right (I learnt this from superman) and I managed to miss the table by an inch and I landed my head on a padded seat. Probably the padded seat saved my life!

Then my wheelchair fell on top of me. Caroline saw everything but she couldn’t do anything as she was falling all over too. Lucky enough I got trapped between the seat and table so I didn’t move anymore. Moments later Bailey came running in with 2 skinny Egyptian workers, Bailey picked the chair up off me and the two Egyptians picked me up and put me back in my chair. Two minutes later it started to rock again and again I pulled a wheelie and banged my legs on the table and then Bailey stopped me from falling. Banging my legs was more PAINFUL then falling out as I hit the table on my shinbone. Ouch! I really thought everyone was going to die on the boat; it was like a scene from titanic. Good job I wasn’t on the front of the boat as I would of been in the sea!

20 minutes later, the captain came and said he is going to move to calmer seas because of me. Before we moved we laid the padded seats on the floor and I laid on them as it was much safer for me. The next stop the sea was much calmer, I even had a pee while everyone was diving. I was busting for a pee but I couldn’t go maybe because of all the drama, so I told Nikki to tell me funny stories and 2 minutes later I was peeing for England or Egypt. I spent most of the day lying on the floor even after dinner I requested to be on the floor. I paid good money to be on this boat trip and I didn’t see much, only lots of feet. We finally arrive back but again they had a big gap between the sea and footway. I looked down at the sea while they carried me across I thought Jesus that’s deep.

Attachment forumb2.jpg not found

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #46355 by Jana
Replied by Jana on topic Re: The boat of doom at Egypt
Karl, you are an international man of adventure! Sort of like Indiana Jones without the whip. Please, next time you decide to have such an eventful vacation, let me know and I will send you an American football uniform complete with helmet, chin strap, mouth guard, shoulder pads, knee pads, etc. I hope all of the bumps and bruises are healing nicely and that the rest of your vacation went much better. The warm sun looks nice about now. And I absolutely love your shirt! I love to wear a bright top when I'm on vacation. I figure that it will help people find me in the dark, as I have poor night vision, or if I fall off a cliff they'll see where I've hit the bottom! Was that your family with you? Did you see the pyramids and other things?

More
11 years 3 months ago #46360 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Re: The boat of doom at Egypt
Thank you for calling me Indiana Jones as I sounds like a super hero! :) And How do you know I haven't got a whip? :evil:

You should put a torch on your head if you have poor night vision or eat more carrots! :laugh:

I went with my friends, and no we didn't see the pyramids as they were 4 hours away on plane. :(

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.394 seconds