logolong

British Television programmes

More
12 years 3 months ago #41773 by Karl
What do you think of the new stella program on sky 1? IM not sure about it. its a bit strange, some parts are funny but some parts are odd.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #41788 by BUBBADOG14
Your right! I'm not sure if I like it or not yet, gonna give it another try on Friday and then decide. Do you watch 'Shameless'? I liked the eviction idea, but don't think it was worth running it over 2 nights, it could have just been done in the one episode.

More
12 years 3 months ago #41819 by Karl
I used to watch shameless in the early days but I don't watch it these days as the story lines are too silly.

More
12 years 3 months ago #41833 by BUBBADOG14
I just watch it because it is alittle tounge in cheek but that's what makes it good! But you never know they maybe like that up in Manchester! (Just look at the Gallager Brothers!)

More
11 years 10 months ago #44102 by Jana

BUBBADOG14 wrote: Why are BBC1 & ITV mainly showing so many repeats recently? :angry: I'm noticing on the TV listings they are repeating programmes and films 48hrs after they are originally on. It's becoming annoying especially when they have players in this computer age where if you have missed a programme you can watch it there!! :angry:
So there is no excuse! We are paying for t.v licences so aren't we entitled to have good tv? what do you think?

Same issue, different country. We pay a monthly fee for access to a certain amount of cable networks. Our 3 major networks and public television are free. But I have noticed that also, more reruns, less new material. I think for us, it's a way to get us to upgrade to a more expensive contract with more networks.

More
11 years 10 months ago #44179 by henryscat
:dry:

Ooof!!! Well,I'm here again although still a bit rough around the edges. Had a ver bad spell of poorliness which,as always,scared the living daylights out of me. Strange,because it's never ever done me any serious harm throughout the whole of my incapacity. However,British Television is generally quite good despite our constant carping that there's Nothing On The Box Again!! TV Programming has come a long way over the years because once upon a time it was a diet of Bill and Ben The flowerpot men,Welsh speaking programmes with endless images of sheep and Vets with half an arm stuck up a cow's backside.Hmmm,very inspiring for young kids,eh?

If you were lucky enough you would get Z Cars,Emergency Ward 10 or Dr Finley's Case book which was an evergreen show enjoyed greatly by my nana.Then came Perry Mason and Dr Kildare but then you would also get shows like Opportunity Knocks with Hughey Green who I believe went on to improve his career by banging Monica Rose in secret. Oh,yes, I nearly forgot about Jess Yeats,the errant preacher who was also cashiered for his own brand of dallying where dallying was strictly disallowed. Look at the image they wanted for Charlotte Church? Just because her name contained the word Church and she sang a few religious ditties the established audiences were outraged to find out that dear Charlotte wasn't particularly educating in keeping one's legs crossed.

Nowadays programming has no real limits but could you ever envisage our beloved soaps adopting strong language
or how soon do you expect this to happen? Hopefully never!! Fortunately I do love a bit of pomp and circumstance and so enjoyed the celebrations of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. It made a refreshing change from all the doom and gloom going on in the world and it was different than enduring the monotony of British Daytime TV. Mind you,Postman Pat is OK and so are the Tellytubbies. Anyone for NOONOO?

Is TV really worth the licence fees we have to fork out each year? Perhaps some would say not but there's is much more choice now and BUBBADOG has found a fun sounding programme. This obviously means someone has found enjoyment out of one single programme and if the telly makes only the one person laugh while suffering adversity then,Yes, the fee is well worth forking out.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.443 seconds