logolong

British Television programmes

More
11 years 9 months ago #44768 by Jana
Just had the cable guy here to hook up our new tv. Now we get more networks, including at least 1 BBC. Usually our public television station broadcasts BBC America News and some pretty good programming, mysteries and the like. I'm excited!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #44774 by BUBBADOG14
Enjoy your BBC channel!! I hope you enjoy some of the british programmes you will get. We do get to see some good drama's from the BBC we forget how lucky we are sometimes!

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #44939 by Jana
I love the Inspector Lewis series. I'd already been getting the Downton Abbey series but needed to catch up, so I rented the dvd's and watched the first 2 seasons. The next ones don't start until January! Oh and Land Girls!
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Jana.

More
11 years 8 months ago #44948 by BUBBADOG14
I know the olympic's is a big thing and needs many channels to show all the selection of sports, they have added quiet a few new tempory channels to help with that but to show sports over there 2 license paid channels is very bad especially when the olympic's is on these channels from 9am to 10pm every night. What if people don't want to watch any sport what are they to do? ITV,channel4 and channel 5 have other stuff on which is of a poor viewing standard and a lot of what they show is repeats of what's been shown from 48hr to a week ago. All I can say is thank goodness for SKY!

More
11 years 8 months ago #44957 by Jana
Here the Olympics is only carried by one of the major 3 free networks. They do re-air some highlights during news broadcasting on other networks. I'm not sure if any of the sports channels show any of it. I'm more of a fan of some of the more obscure sports like archery so I was up at 2 a.m. watching that!

Summer here is generally a time of a lot of reruns but it has gotten a little crazy as well. Airing the same episode of a show back to back is common and some of the programming I'm starting to know the lines by heart. I hope this fall things improve. Usually around the first part of September new shows and episodes start. And during Christmas time a lot of old classic Christmas movies are one. Those I don't mind watching over and over.

More
11 years 8 months ago #44968 by Karl
You should come to the UK as the Olympics is on all day! And you can pick what event you would like! Now I,m fed up of it.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.434 seconds