logolong

Hospital nerve's

More
12 years 3 months ago #41794 by BUBBADOG14
Hospital nerve's was created by BUBBADOG14
Why is it on the day of hospital appointments you get nervous and need the toilet alot? Does anyone know the answer to that little conundrum?
I have 2 hospital appointments today one with the Occupational Therapists to have wrist and thumb supports fitted on both hands and then after an appointment with the gynecologist about my tummy problems. And since I got up have got terrible nerves and butterfly tummy, so been thinking about this why this always happens so thought would send the question out to everyone on here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #41813 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Re: Hospital nerve's
Because you are worrying too much?

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #41827 by tessa
Replied by tessa on topic Re: Hospital nerve's
because you're frightened?

It's quite common to be frightened of things we can't control ;)

Hope everything went OK, though ! :)
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by tessa.

More
12 years 3 months ago #41836 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Re: Hospital nerve's
I was worried but not that much because I had seen so many consultants and the majority had just gone and passed me over to someone else and that cycle I'm used to now. I had pretty successful appointments more so on the 1st one rather the second. Got new hand supports on order and the kind O.T is going to come to my house and fit them. Was very socked how she went out the way to help me. The 2nd appointment was pretty useless the consultant was 90% sure it wasn't what myself and my G.P thought it might be. But the Jnr doctor showed me something when the consultant left the room and I'm going to discuss it with my G.P and see if I can be put forward and have it done.

More
12 years 1 day ago #43502 by henryscat
Replied by henryscat on topic Re: Hospital nerve's
:ohmy:

What would Jim Royle have to say about hospitals ? MY A - - E! Can't be doing with the places but they're a necessity I suppose. I,too,get nerves before I go to the public nut house because it's usually chock a bloc with other folks waiting their turn and the consultants are always running late. A

More
12 years 1 day ago #43503 by henryscat
Replied by henryscat on topic Re: Hospital nerve's
:ohmy:

What would Jim Royle have to say about hospitals ? MY A - - E! Can't be doing with the places but they're a necessity I suppose. I,too,get nerves before I go to the public nut house because it's usually chock a bloc with other folks waiting their turn and the consultants are always running late. A lot of it is all down to frustration and you get all flustered because deep down inside you want to be elswhere.

You get whingeing,moaning,swearing and general grumbling and everyone seems to have the unwritten duty to prove to everyone else how more poorly they are than everyone else. You've got chavs,unruly children rioting in the background and single mums effing and Jeffing about how they didn't get any milk tokens for that week. Old folk,young folk and poor representations of knuckle dragging Neanderthals are in with the mix and then you get the folks who can't speak a word of english and need interpreters.

I was quite expecting a Dalek to come around the corner demanding to see a consultant because his sink plunger is sore and,YES,he needs THE DOCTOR !!!! You need the mannerisms of Ena Sharples to deal with the receptionists and, boy = oh = boy,why do the cleaning staff seem to gather in small groups and engage in the Hilda Ogden school of scandal and gossip.

When they kick off the cleaning machines the hospital turns into a runway for Harrier Jump Jets with Nazi Storm Troopers Posing as Nurses. The consultants usually look like ambassadors for the late Osama bin Laden and look at you as though you've just dropped from a dog's backside. Victor Meldrew,or what.

The truth is I hate the places and I feel extremely nervous because of my ailments. It is no joy to be poorly as you will know but the authorities could do better and make sure that the huge queues are minimised and not clogged up to the gills. Some folk put it on a bit just for the cameras,so to speak,but some of us feel damned ill and simply want to get away.

Anyhow,I do hope things do help you because we do need to be treated well which is something sadly lacking these days.

Kind Regards
Trevor Jones,henryscat.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.437 seconds