logolong

Hospital nerve's

More
11 years 9 months ago #44777 by Jana
Replied by Jana on topic Re: Hospital nerve's
Tessa,

I've never exactly had a stellar immune system, but over the last decade I've had a lot more infections...kidney, dental abscesses, the thumbnail thing is kind of unique, though.

About 10 years ago I had a hysterectomy and became septic, which almost killed me. I required further surgery, blood transfusions and lots of IV antibiotics. At that point my fibromyalgia worsened as well. I can't help but think that was the starting point for all of these things. I'm admittedly a bit of a germophobe, and don't even like going to clinics or hospitals.

As for the thumbnail, I've had 4 doses of meds (it's a once a day thing), and the nail has stopped draining and is almost pain free. Which is good, because these meds make me tired and are hard on the tummy. If for some reason it doesn't clear up they will once again remove the nail and take tissue samples to find out what is different about the bacteria under there. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #44826 by Jana
Update: 6 days into antibiotic therapy I developed extreme muscle pain beyond my usual fibromyalgia and also a severe tremor in my left hand, which has resolved itself. The drug I was taking was Avelox which should not be taken with certain other central nervous system drugs, which I happened to be on. Nobody caught it at the clinic or the pharmacy. Scary stuff.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Jana.

More
11 years 9 months ago #44846 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Re: Hospital nerve's
It is scary when medical professionals make mistakes! To believe we trust them with Our Lives! And we let them operate on us and we agree to take the meds they prescribe to us without a thought. Some members will remember this time last year I was in hospital for a while, when I was sent home I was prescribed a number of meds to take and with out thought I took them. With in 48hrs I started to get scary symptoms, couldn't breath, swollen tongue, stiffened body! So my husband rushed me to hospital. I was rushed through and saw a doctor within 5mins! My husband gave him all the meds I had been sent home with from hospital and found that one of the meds shouldn't have been given to me due to it would be dangerous to mix it with one of the other meds I was taking! I was having an anaphylactic shock! I had to have some emergency drugs pumped through me to get me better and had to live with a little swollen tongue for a couple of days nothing near as swollen as it had been! So yes mistakes can be made!

More
11 years 8 months ago #44932 by poppy67
Replied by poppy67 on topic Re: Hospital nerve's
To the original topic, yes i go to the loo like a loon whrn i go docs or dentist my ibs also goes nuts too. As for the meds part I don't take what they give me without looking into it first and if i think it'll cause me probs i wont take it, since they injected me with myodil as a kid, which was banned at the time in the usa and in adulthood found out it as caused me to have adeshive ararcnoititis, I wont trust anything they give me or what they say to me till i've looked into it. I never used to go to loo so much before an appointment when i was a kid but last 2yrs its got worse think it is nerves because everytime I go now I've developed something new and its something they can't do anything about because its bone, joint, or muscle things, though on the bright side the endiometriosis can be sorted.

Hope everyone is doing better this weekend x

More
11 years 8 months ago #45136 by Jana
Hi Poppy,

Yes, I think the mind AND the body remember the fear we had previously, whether it was founded on an experience or not. Just the anticipation of pain, a bad diagnosis, etc., can set off whatever your reaction is, whether IBS, panic attacks, whatever. I've heard that certain types of relaxation techniques can help but I generally don't have my wits about me when I'm doubled over in belly pain on the potty!

More
11 years 8 months ago #45137 by Jana
Well, Amanda, I'm still paying for that half-course of Avalox I took. I had a brief recurrence of the hand tremor, but it only lasted a few minutes. My mouth is all sores inside, thankfully not thrush, my glands are the most sore and swollen I've experienced since I was 10 and had the mumps! My "fibro fog" is terrible (I may have posted something similar to this already, so please disregard if I have), and ultimately, the thumb infection is back. I need a vacation! (But I need to win the lottery first) :silly:

BUBBADOG14 wrote: It is scary when medical professionals make mistakes! To believe we trust them with Our Lives! And we let them operate on us and we agree to take the meds they prescribe to us without a thought. Some members will remember this time last year I was in hospital for a while, when I was sent home I was prescribed a number of meds to take and with out thought I took them. With in 48hrs I started to get scary symptoms, couldn't breath, swollen tongue, stiffened body! So my husband rushed me to hospital. I was rushed through and saw a doctor within 5mins! My husband gave him all the meds I had been sent home with from hospital and found that one of the meds shouldn't have been given to me due to it would be dangerous to mix it with one of the other meds I was taking! I was having an anaphylactic shock! I had to have some emergency drugs pumped through me to get me better and had to live with a little swollen tongue for a couple of days nothing near as swollen as it had been! So yes mistakes can be made!

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.400 seconds