logolong

Friends with Wheelchiars!

More
8 years 2 months ago #60825 by Rick G.
I am a wheelchair user. Are you also??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #60901 by riversidemarie
I use a wheelchair, a rollator and anything that gets me out. I use an elecctric wheelchair for longer journeys to aid stamina and distance. It's pretty nifty and I am not the best of drivers. But I never was in a car! So nothing new there. Needless to say, it was privately funded. Lots of people seem to wait a long time through the NHS, for the means to move. There should be more advice. Everywhere. I made bad buys because nobody helped me with choices and the manufacturers can give a hard sell. My insurance liability is higher than for a fast car and I can only make 8 miles per hour!

More
8 years 2 months ago #60910 by BUBBADOG14
I have a rollator for in the home and a wheelchair for outdoors, I also have another wheelchair (both manual, self-propel) just for holidays as the way they get thrown about by the airport workers is dreadful! Once the wheelchair was thrown with such force they managed to buckle one of the wheels! Luckily it was on the way home so had to use one of the airports wheelchairs to get me to our taxi pick-up!
The following user(s) said Thank You: riversidemarie

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #60955 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Friends with Wheelchiars!
8MPH is very fast for an electric wheelchair, What model is it?
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by BUBBADOG14.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #60966 by BUBBADOG14
Oh no Karl's gone into his 'top gear for electric wheelchair' modes! Lookout he will be putting a Lamborghini motor in it before you know it riversidemarie!
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by BUBBADOG14.

More
8 years 1 month ago #60982 by riversidemarie
Karl the wheelchair is by elite. It is nifty but it does not have a Lamborghini motor in it. Trouble is it's too heavy to cart around in cars!

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.435 seconds