logolong

Full stop to bullying!!

More
12 years 5 hours ago #43532 by BUBBADOG14
Thank you so much for posting that Trevor, Bullying is a aweful and alot of times the bully doesn't realise how badly he/she has effected the person. There was a good example of that close to where I live last week. A young man who had mental health issues and was in his 20's and went to a disabled & mental health centre was being bullied by young school kids. This young man had never hurt a flea in his life couldn't stand the bullying anymore went onto a traffic Island close to the centre he went to and oppersite a secondry school poured petrol over himself and set himself alight. The newspaper said he was still hanging onto life but has 90% burns and is in intenseive care.
The thing with bullies is they never think about how much there bullying is going to effect the person they are picking on. I was bullied from the age of 12yrs old right through to the age of 18yrs old. Mine was not just verbal but phyisical. I was given black eyes and the worse thing they did was push my chair back and crack my head open on the corner of the lectureres desk I was 17yrs old! I had to go to A & E and have stiches in my head.
I think bullies have Issues, they feel the only way they can be popular and have friends is to act up and bully others.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #58675 by riversidemarie
I agree bullying is bad.Luckily I've never been bullied. If a situation arose I would either try to defuse the situation or try to use humour or rather sarcastically agree with everything that was said. Bullies want a reaction, preferably negative or frightened because usually they have been bullied themselves or have poor self esteem. I've found in the past if you can ignore them fine. No reaction. No instant gratification for them and therrefore no reinforcement of their belief that they can achieve some sort of recognition by bullying. Trouble is if they work in groups or do become physical. This is something different all together. When this has happened I simply stated that I was not prepared to tolerate them. Very calmly and succinctly and removed myself from the situation. Now I am disabled I'm not sure what I would do.Sitting in a wheelchair you are lower than them for a start and because you cannot leave the situation quickly can be at a disadvantage so yes I would stand my ground for better or worse! I have experienced more condescending atitudes and verbal bullying from so called educated peopleie. social worker, physio etc. I say to them that I am not brain dead, I do have a memory and I feel. I often wonder to myself do they treat older disabled or dementia sufferers,or parents with young disabled children like this? All the time I can stand up and be counted I will because one day I will be old. I may have dementia. I may be confused or tired out caring for a child seven days a week. no one should talk to any one like this. Especially in the so called caring professions. Maybe I have been unlucky or maybe I have the wrong atitude but verbal bullying can be just as bad as the physical kind and can do as much harm psychologically and unlike physical bullying it often does not heal. also it is counter productive. In the last year since I have become disabled I have felt more anger than I ever had in my life. God forbid that I will become a bully. I hope not. The lowest of the low.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BUBBADOG14

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #58676 by Will
Replied by Will on topic Full stop to bullying!!
I usually have a lot to say about everything, and once I get my 'head around' this revelation maybe I will again. For now, all I can say is, if you are a bully, what the hell do you get from it?? You don't gain friends, you don't get respect, all you can possibly gain is a little (fleeting) "self-verification" (ie, you know you're still alive and feel you have some 'power') That's a small, lonely world to live in.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Will.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BUBBADOG14, Sandie

More
8 years 8 months ago #58745 by drumroar
Replied by drumroar on topic Full stop to bullying!!
i don t like lt

More
8 years 8 months ago #58750 by Will
Replied by Will on topic Full stop to bullying!!
That's because you're one of the the 'good guys' round here! You=STRONG!

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.384 seconds