logolong

Painful spasm

More
13 years 3 months ago #32507 by Ayoh
Painful spasm was created by Ayoh
I've had a spinal cord injury at level T4 for 13yrs now. This spasm of my lower limbs had been disturbing me alot for some years now and i have been on different type of medications over period of time, the drugs range from Tegretol, Norflex, Clonazepam, Baclofen, this are just the ones i could remember & they did not really stop the spasm. Please is there any better drug that can stop spasm or is there a surgical process that can correct it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #32535 by Pinky2
Replied by Pinky2 on topic Re:Painful spasm
I have very bad spasms from my CP. I was on the Baclofen. I went to see my seizure Dr about the Baclofen pump. I've had mine since June 2009. I think it works for the most part. Look up Medtronic for more info & pictures of the pump it self. Good luck!
Pinky

More
13 years 3 months ago #32536 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Re:Painful spasm
I take diazepam tablets for my spasms. To be honest, I don't have painful spasms, I have lots of involuntary movements. I don't take a lot of these tablets as these are addictive and you can feel dopey with them however, they are good for relaxxing the muscles.

More
13 years 5 days ago #34619 by NaomiB
Replied by NaomiB on topic Re:Painful spasm
Do yall mean restless legs, and some times effects the arms to. I have it and i cant sleep for almsot 2 weeks when its bad

More
13 years 5 days ago #34621 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Re:Painful spasm
I suffer from spasms mainly in my legs and body, but some in body too. My doctor put me on Diazepam just for a week to see if they help. They are not painful spasms the pain comes from having the spasms! I have had them for a long time now!Since the flare ups started so a few years now!The leg spasms have caused the broken toes!They have become to be part of my life now!:S

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.446 seconds