Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: depression

depression 7 years 2 weeks ago #46086

  • jaybt
  • jaybt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 2
  • Thank you received: 0
:( hello i suffer with depression and anxiety. I have good days and bad days because i also wear an appliance as i wear abag and have a stoma, i also have labyrinthitus which is so delibitating when i have an attack. i also take strong pain killers because i have chronic pain from havin had many ops,because i have AIHA and my antibodies attacked my spleen so had to have it removed and have no immune system now,anyway i have had four children still and three grandchildren i do like to live by the motto but theres others worse off than me. i would love to chat anyone but im happily married so just want friends.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

depression 5 years 8 months ago #52778

Depression is a very cultivated in western countries. I think this is wrong. In Russia, the depression is not a disease. A person suffering from depression is not disabled. We say that depression is folly and excess free time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

depression 5 years 8 months ago #52789

Andra wrote: Depression is a very cultivated in western countries. I think this is wrong. In Russia, the depression is not a disease. A person suffering from depression is not disabled. We say that depression is folly and excess free time.


I shall make this very brief WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS!!!!!!!!!

She will be telling us next we should shoot everyone who is not useful.

Apologies to Karl and Amanda if I get banned so be it. It needed to be said. :angry: :angry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

depression 5 years 7 months ago #52799

  • Karl
  • Karl's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 7796
  • Thank you received: 214
Im not banning anyone as I believe in freedom of speech. The forum is for discussing topics. Countries have different views, please respect each other....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

depression 5 years 7 months ago #52804

Depression is an illness, a very serious one. My step-sister has depression. So Andrea please be careful what you say as what you say may cause someone extreme upset, especially being on a post about depression. Please think before you type.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

depression 5 years 7 months ago #52812

I am sorry if anyone was upset by my post, however I have nursed people with severe depression and it is a very serious condition, we should not make glib remarks, I found the post very insulting to anyone suffering from this condition, all I can say is thank god I dont live in Russia :unsure:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

depression 5 years 7 months ago #52820

  • Karl
  • Karl's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 7796
  • Thank you received: 214
Russia is about 30 years behind us so 30 yrs ago in the UK, many people thought depression wasn't an illness. It is strange how different countries think.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

depression 5 years 7 months ago #52823

Sandie wrote: I am sorry if anyone was upset by my post, however I have nursed people with severe depression and it is a very serious condition, we should not make glib remarks, I found the post very insulting to anyone suffering from this condition, all I can say is thank god I dont live in Russia :unsure:

We have drugs for depression, but depression is not illness and not disability.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

depression 5 years 7 months ago #52824

  • Jana
  • Jana's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 791
  • Thank you received: 42
Sandie bless your heart for caring for people like myself. I've had major depression for over 30 years and was not appropriately treated for the first 5 or so. I've had one episode of depressive psychosis that lasted about 5 days. We think it was caused by Cipro, a very strong antibiotic I was on at the time. I do well with this disease and my medications. Doctors are always concerned when I have physical issues because one thing can effect the other. Sadly there is still a stigma associated with mental illness and all of the scientific information in the world won't change the minds of some people. Sad, really.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

depression 5 years 7 months ago #52826

I disagree, have you ever suffered from depression I dont think you have, people can be in such despair they will take their own lives, I'm sorry Andra but you are talking rot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

depression 5 years 7 months ago #52827

Jana wrote: Sandie bless your heart for caring for people like myself. I've had major depression for over 30 years and was not appropriately treated for the first 5 or so. I've had one episode of depressive psychosis that lasted about 5 days. We think it was caused by Cipro, a very strong antibiotic I was on at the time. I do well with this disease and my medications. Doctors are always concerned when I have physical issues because one thing can effect the other. Sadly there is still a stigma associated with mental illness and all of the scientific information in the world won't change the minds of some people. Sad, really.

There is no excuse for ignorance, people are afraid of what they dont understand,I guess in Russia if you have an alcohol addiction or a drug habit you are more sociably accepted, but if you have a mental health issue you are treated as a pariah, I know which group I would rather invite for lunch.We must excuse the very young with little life experience, until you have fought life's battles you know very little about life's pit-falls. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

depression 5 years 7 months ago #52829

Andra wrote:

Sandie wrote: I am sorry if anyone was upset by my post, however I have nursed people with severe depression and it is a very serious condition, we should not make glib remarks, I found the post very insulting to anyone suffering from this condition, all I can say is thank god I dont live in Russia :unsure:

We have drugs for depression, but depression is not illness and not disability.


What about PostNatal Depression then is that an illness, I had a patient who killed her twin baby girls while suffering from PostNatal Depression. She cut their throats with a pair of scissors, was she ill then or just having a bad day :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.351 seconds